Licence Restriction Codes

Hi peeps

Just wanted some advice regarding this certain subject!, long story short, I hold Full entitlements for CAT C & C+E, however i have not done CPC Mod’s 2 & 4, (2 booked up in 2 weeks) i thought that on my licence that i would have restriction codes on my licence, stating that i could only use the category’s “Not for hire or reward” but no licence codes apply to C or C+E, i only have code 01 which applies to my driving glasses which i understand about, so shouldn’t i have some code on my licence stating the limitations on my licence UNTIL i hold a full valid CPC/DQC card? thanks in advance! Martin - Wilko77fc

wilko77fc:
Hi peeps

Just wanted some advice regarding this certain subject!, long story short, I hold Full entitlements for CAT C & C+E, however i have not done CPC Mod’s 2 & 4, (2 booked up in 2 weeks) i thought that on my licence that i would have restriction codes on my licence, stating that i could only use the category’s “Not for hire or reward” but no licence codes apply to C or C+E, i only have code 01 which applies to my driving glasses which i understand about, so shouldn’t i have some code on my licence stating the limitations on my licence UNTIL i hold a full valid CPC/DQC card? thanks in advance! Martin - Wilko77fc

They should be using the 103 code which is - subject to dcpc - but they decided not to bother and I have a letter from the DfT stating that it is up to the driver to know the law !!

It seems that in something like your case the licence woulld need to be sent back yet again to dvla to have a 103 code removed if they used it

Thanks ROG… that clarifys the matter… just another query… with regards to not for hire or reward… a rigid or artic with the same load restrictions asif you were employed e.g 44tonne Mgw ARTIC? and do you still have to follow eu regulations e.g 9 hrs max driving time and tachograph card inserted recording all movement s etc? Thanks again.

The Not for Hire or Reward code 101 really only applies to PCV and not LGV. It applies to the minibus entitlement granted when passing the car test. To get it removed you need to pass a test in either Cat D or D1.

One other point about a CPC code. Many European countries add a code 95 onto the licence after taking the 35 hours periodic training instead of issuing a DQC card. Even our DQC cards have code 95 on the back. May be something that changes in the future.

wilko77fc:
Thanks ROG… that clarifys the matter… just another query… with regards to not for hire or reward… a rigid or artic with the same load restrictions asif you were employed e.g 44tonne Mgw ARTIC? and do you still have to follow eu regulations e.g 9 hrs max driving time and tachograph card inserted recording all movement s etc? Thanks again.

not sure what you mean so please rephrase the question

Only 7.5t are exempt from tacho rules when driven for private use- class c and c+e must always use the tacho and abide by the rules for hire or reward or private use.

If its private use you don’t need to comply with the WTD (working time directive) though.

Race Trucker:
If its private use you don’t need to comply with the WTD (working time directive) though.

Or driver cpc

So if I drove an artic for private/own use… could I drive from lands end to john o groats nonstop without a tachograph inserted with a full load for example as it’s private use??

wilko77fc:
So if I drove an artic for private/own use… could I drive from lands end to john o groats nonstop without a tachograph inserted with a full load for example as it’s private use??

No - unless the artic was under 7.5 tonnes total MAM weight (unit GVW + trailer plated MAM)