licence renewal

hi my 5 yrs are up in febuary whats the procedure is it medical then apply to dvla for new licence is there a cost to dvla is there anything else for renewal my digi card is valid longer about 7 months thanx lads

You’ll get all the relevant paperwork through the post. DVLA will send you your medical form and application, if you shop around you can get your medical for £40, although I can’t remember the name of the firm I used, if you haven’t changed address etc it’s free to apply. The digi card is a two minute phonecall, £19.99

gothika:
hi my 5 yrs are up in febuary whats the procedure is it medical then apply to dvla for new licence is there a cost to dvla is there anything else for renewal my digi card is valid longer about 7 months thanx lads

As Foxstein said you should get a reminder with the relevant form (Form D4), you’ll probably get it in December.

Trucknet-UKs list of cheap HGV medicals

Information on the HGV mnedical

In the unlikely event that you don’t get a form sent to you you can download it here

thanx lads great

You only need o take a medical, you license is for a life time. :wink:

gothika:
hi my 5 yrs are up in febuary

To clarify, your medical is valid until you’re 45 then 5 yearly after that. If Feb is indeed that birthday ignore this post :slight_smile:

mrpj:

gothika:
hi my 5 yrs are up in febuary

To clarify, your medical is valid until you’re 45 then 5 yearly after that. If Feb is indeed that birthday ignore this post :slight_smile:

In MOST cases the 5 year medical will be 45 50 55 60 … but if the first medical was done at say age 42 then it will go 47 52 57 62 …

49er:
You only need o take a medical, you license is for a life time. :wink:

i think you made mistake mate every 5 yrs a medical and renew my class c licence every 5 yrs when im 60 i think its every year is this correct thanx

gothika:
i think you made mistake mate every 5 yrs a medical and renew my class c licence every 5 yrs when im 60 i think its every year is this correct thanx

you only need a medical when you first sit you tests then at 45years old then every 5 years after that :wink:

smallsie:

gothika:

you only need a medical when you first sit you tests then at 45years old then every 5 years after that :wink:

hi im 54 now had licence just under 5 yrs