Licence renewal

Just renewed my licence and didn’t send in a D4 medical form (I am over 45) and was expecting just a one year licence. Lo & behold, got it renewed in truck categories until 2024 - result :smiley: :smiley: Happy (but confused)

I sent mine off 2 weeks ago and am the same as you, wrong side of 45 so hopefully i’ll get the same.

Just checked online, it’s been renewed for a year, waiting for it to arrive.

How do you check online? Found the car one but not the vocational one. Mine is away getting renewed and just want to see if there’s any progress.

toonsy:
How do you check online? Found the car one but not the vocational one. Mine is away getting renewed and just want to see if there’s any progress.

Have a look on here, input your details and everything is there.

gov.uk/view-driving-licence

Hope this helps.

Does this mean then that for this year at least, all those needing to renew (normally via a medical) for the five years - are likely to get that renewal without even having to see a doctor?

This would be a bit like the “Booting the MOTs down the road for six months” I’m thinking, that this period of “Covid-19” is unlikely to last beyond November this year, I should expect…

Zeethron:
Just renewed my licence and didn’t send in a D4 medical form (I am over 45) and was expecting just a one year licence. Lo & behold, got it renewed in truck categories until 2024 - result :smiley: :smiley: Happy (but confused)

Are you sure that’s your driving licence? Normally they last for 5 years not 4.
Most DCPC’s expire in 2024.

My first licence didn’t expire until I was 47, some technical reason that Swansea sent me details about at the time. I don’t think anyone is doing D4 medicals yet, so they may ask for one later in the year.

Swindon MP Robert Buckland has written to a constituent saying the need for drivers to undergo HGV driver medicals is to be suspended – possibly for a year - as a result of the COVID-19 crisis.

Winseer:
Does this mean then that for this year at least, all those needing to renew (normally via a medical) for the five years - are likely to get that renewal without even having to see a doctor?

This would be a bit like the “Booting the MOTs down the road for six months” I’m thinking, that this period of “Covid-19” is unlikely to last beyond November this year, I should expect…

my medical expired on jan 16, ive just renewed my licence without submitting a medical form, my licence expires in 12 months where i will need to submit a medical D4 form, anyone whos licence/medical expired on or after jan 1st this year can currently do this but only for the 5 year medical and only if you have no nemedical issues