Licence Renewal

Afternoon All,
My licence is due for renewal on October 24th this year,i,m away on holiday from 13th Sept to 4th October,
Is it possible to have my medical and renew my licence now or do i have to wait until i return from holiday?
Thanks for any advice.

740MICK:
Afternoon All,
My licence is due for renewal on October 24th this year,i,m away on holiday from 13th Sept to 4th October,
Is it possible to have my medical and renew my licence now or do i have to wait until i return from holiday?
Thanks for any advice.

You can renew the D4 medical at any time before the current expiry date and send it all off to DVLA but if done early you lose out on what is left for the current expiry

Thanks Rog

If you’re not expecting any issues, I would get the medical sorted before you go then pop it in the post when you get back, that should be enough time for renewal.

Not a bad idea that,cheers.

I’ve just done mine you can do your medical up to 4 months before your expiry date and send it off the week before it expires I did mine the first week in May for expiry on 24th July and sent it off on the 12th July and got it back on the 26th July.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Booked my medical for 1st week in Sept,i,ll send paperwork off the weekend i go away,then hopefully it will be done and dusted by the time i get back,
Thanks for all replies.

im going for my medical tomorrow.
just been reading form d4 I was sent

on the front page in capital letters it says

this report is valid for 4 months from the the date the doctor/optician signs it

so take your medical get it out the way go on holiday then post it off

im doing mine via enterprise bredbury costing me £48