Licence renewal

it should all come in the post rob…mine ran out in December…still waiting for the bloody hospital…one tip rob, dont send your licence off it asks on the form if you use it for work, at least you will have something to sho if you get a tug, and its also legal to drive whilst a renewal is taking place…so long as you havnt been stopped from driving due to medical issues. Thats why i`m not working now because i havnt got an in date licence, and i travel abroad…so i have to wait for its renewal and the hospital is playing about…just now phoned them, but my consultant wa on holiday for two weeks, no his secretary is on holiday, and the cover for her only works part time…you couldnt make it up…ha ha …good luck mate.

nightline:

Trukkertone:
I never got reminder either… I had to chase it myself… phoned dvla twice asking for forms and got nothing in the post…
so i got them from the post office… (ask for D2 / D4 RENEWAL PACK)
I booked optician within a few days but couldn’t get doctors appointment until 2 days before expiry…
soon as i got forms completed on the thursday evening i sent them off registered post…
BUT my employer wouldn’t allow me to drive until i got my licence back, even though dvla guidelines say you can…
so i had 2 nights off the following week… licence came back very quickly in the post wed morning… rang work and went back in that night…

And did you get any payment for time not allowed work

Unfortunately not… took holiday pay though.

I told the TM I needed my medical doing and asked when was the best time to get it booked for. She said she’ll book it for me and they pay for it as well which is nice. I’ve only got about 2 weeks left and she’s still not done it despite warnings I’ll be having to be in the office with her if she doesn’t get it sorted.

robroy:

peirre:
Since blood pressure was discussed here several weeks ago, surely you must’ve had enough time to get help and sort it.

I’ve already said I was stupid enough to let my expiry slip my mind, it just kind of came up on me a bit too soon :smiley:…got it in my head it was in June for some reason :unamused: (and not getting my reminder didn’t help)…but yeh since January I have been getting a bit more excercise, and trying to watch what I eat a bit more, so after my last reading, and if what Harry and others say is right, I should be ok …despite me being quote; too long in the tooth’’ and my ‘White coat sindrem’ :laughing: :laughing:
(think he meant ‘syndrome’ btw, insults and pops work much better if you spell them right :unamused: :smiley: )

This licence thing must be really getting to you picking up spelling mistakes and imaginary insults me thinks that’s a bit below you
The real person always shows there true colours when under pressure

nightline:

robroy:

peirre:
Since blood pressure was discussed here several weeks ago, surely you must’ve had enough time to get help and sort it.

I’ve already said I was stupid enough to let my expiry slip my mind, it just kind of came up on me a bit too soon :smiley:…got it in my head it was in June for some reason :unamused: (and not getting my reminder didn’t help)…but yeh since January I have been getting a bit more excercise, and trying to watch what I eat a bit more, so after my last reading, and if what Harry and others say is right, I should be ok …despite me being quote; too long in the tooth’’ and my ‘White coat sindrem’ :laughing: :laughing:
(think he meant ‘syndrome’ btw, insults and pops work much better if you spell them right :unamused: :smiley: )

This licence thing must be really getting to you picking up spelling mistakes and imaginary insults me thinks that’s a bit below you

Yeh I must admit the insults were well below your usual efforts nightline mate, as for it ''getting to me?..Just for you (and for anybody who is actually mildly interested)…
I managed to get booked in today after getting back, for a medical at a random local medical centre for the med test, (after my own local GP could not do it until 30 March which was no bloody use at all.)

As a bonus this guy only charged me 55 notes where my own Doc was going to be 100, AND I was graded as a physical Adonis :sunglasses: …ok that’s a lie, but I did manage to pass it ok. :smiley:

Blood pressure was fine after keeping off my usual 10 coffees (it might not have been fine if I’d accepted Maoster’s invitation for a skinful session last night ) :laughing:
So my licence application is done and dusted and in the post.

Tell you how cool I am… my medical was with Dr Dre, and I got a second opinion from Dr Feelgood. :sunglasses: :smiley:

Thanks to all on here who gave me the info and advice …from ‘Relieved Rob’. :smiley:
So here’s to me being a trucking God again for another few years. :sunglasses: :smiley:

robroy:

nightline:

robroy:

peirre:

Yeh I must admit the insults were well below your usual efforts nightline mate, as for it ''getting to me?..Just for you (and for anybody who is actually mildly interested)…
I managed to get booked in today after getting back, for a medical at a random local medical centre for the med test, (after my own local GP could not do it until 30 March which was no bloody use at all.)

As a bonus this guy only charged me 55 notes where my own Doc was going to be 100, AND I was graded as a physical Adonis :sunglasses: …ok that’s a lie, but I did manage to pass it ok. :smiley:

Blood pressure was fine after keeping off my usual 10 coffees (it might not have been fine if I’d accepted Maoster’s invitation for a skinful session last night ) :laughing:
So my licence application is done and dusted and in the post.

Tell you how cool I am… my medical was with Dr Dre, and I got a second opinion from Dr Feelgood. :sunglasses: :smiley:

Thanks to all on here who gave me the info and advice …from ‘Relieved Rob’. :smiley:
So here’s to me being a trucking God again for another few years. :sunglasses: :smiley:

Nice one

nightline:
Nice one

Cheers mate.
I had got it in my swede that it was the end of the line,a bit out of character for me worrying about stuff :unamused: , but I thought left to last minute/high blood pressure/fail the medical/licence expires/job ■■■■ ed (literally)

Ok maybe would go on tabs until it went down, but I don’t know how long that takes, and how long I would be sat around the house feeling useless and ■■■■■■ off with myself for leaving stuff to last minute and taking the consequences.
I know admittedlly I do get a bit ■■■■■■ with the job in general, but if I have to jack it or whatever, I want it to be when I decide, not when it’s decided for me.

So a case of getting a bit ott obsessive :unamused: , fearing the worst …and all for nothing.
(Btw that last post with Dr Dre etc :unamused: , was after a few pints in the pub, session unwinding/celebration type thing. :blush: :smiley:)

Congrats Robroy , all set for another five years .
Cav551 I am surprised dvla didn’t round your entitlement up to your actual 65th birthday , they surely will issue you from the birthdate ?
Best of luck dealing with them anyway !
I too am 65 this year in July , haven’t had a med for 10 years ! Last time I just changed my photo on licence and they renewed me until now , bless em .
I had my eyes tested recently and asked the optician about HGV med and he said just bring form in and he will do test. I asked if any charge he said no ( spec savers )
Gotten get this medical thing off to a tee , every year now !
Keep us informed cav551
Jim

Great news Robroy. I’ve rescheduled our bonding session btw :wink:

the maoster:
Great news Robroy. I’ve rescheduled our bonding session btw :wink:

Will my dodgy BP take it? …I’ve drank with ex.squaddies before. :open_mouth:
:laughing:

mine runs out in august, its my 1st renewal…how long before can i get it done and will it run for 5 years from date of renewal or 5 years from original date?

thanks

Finally…just received a copy of a letter my consultant is sending to DVLA…i put the application in in December…lol…then i had to wait for an appointment for my 3 yr treadmill test…then i failed that by 3 minutes…but the letter now sent to DVLA explains that i had in fact passed all of the relevant tests…so its down to another long wait…for Swansea to respond !!

Harry Monk:

robroy:
My last BP reading was 148 over 94 which is a bit high, so I’ll need to get the bike out at wk.end and cut down my coffee intake. :unamused:

The limit for an HGV medical is 180/100 so you should be fine.

The 100 is the bit that kills you, 180 is not so important anymore.

truckyboy:
Finally…just received a copy of a letter my consultant is sending to DVLA…i put the application in in December…lol…then i had to wait for an appointment for my 3 yr treadmill test…then i failed that by 3 minutes…but the letter now sent to DVLA explains that i had in fact passed all of the relevant tests…so its down to another long wait…for Swansea to respond !!

Are you not working then TB?
Have they put another driver on your motor, but keeping your job open, or what?