Licence question

Hi all, I’ve got my week intensive C cat course coming up with the test on the Friday and I have my CPC theory booked in for the following Tuesday, so if all goes well and I pass my practical (and I know it’s a big ‘If’) what happens to my current licence?
I’ve read if you pass the practical they take your licence straight away and send it off to be updated, so what would I take to the CPC test centre as they require the licence? Is there some kind of ‘proof of passing’ that they give while the licence is away or should I cancel the CPC until I have my updated licence? Don’t want to turn up there and be told I can’t take the CPC and lose my £30.
cheers

They will give you a pass certificate which can act as a temporary licence but you can ask to keep your licence as you need it for your CPC then send the licence off to be updated later.

You need your driving licence both parts to take the theory test so on passing C you need to keep hold of the licence then after the theory test you send the licence and test pass certificate to DVLA - scan everything before sending

The test pass certificate will not get returned but you can always produce a colour copy from the scan you took above

If mod 4 is to follow very soon after the theory then with the current DVLA delays you may well need to hold on to your licence until mod 4 is passed - you need licence for mod 4

Thanks for the advice. Do they charge if you update your licence at a later date?

Angloman:
Thanks for the advice. Do they charge if you update your licence at a later date?

Nope