Licence question

If I was to take up residency in another EU country, for a period of over a year, is it correct that I would have to exchange my licence for one issued by that state? If so, would this involve another test or just filling in a form?

IF you come to GERMANY you will just have to change your licence
over this is done at the ““STRASSEN VERKEHRS AMT”” IT MAY BE THAT FOR YOUR HGV you might be asked to have a doctorscheck up and also your eyes as well but I am not sure , Normally for all the EU partners
this is the same but perhaps those who are members of this forum and
live and work in the other states will be able to answer this question better,