Licence question

Hi, a question about getting a full licence issued…after passing my cat c I kept my licence rather than hand it to the examiner, as I need it soon for car hire. So when I send my (photocard) licence in, no name/address change, do I need a D2 application form? The text on the back of the pass certificate suggests not, but the examiner told me to get a D2 form. I checked with DVLA and they said I need the D2 as well (but I’m not sure the guy really understood what I was asking). I just don’t see the point of filling in extra forms if they’re not necessary. Anyone know?

exit:
Hi, a question about getting a full licence issued…after passing my cat c I kept my licence rather than hand it to the examiner, as I need it soon for car hire. So when I send my (photocard) licence in, no name/address change, do I need a D2 application form? The text on the back of the pass certificate suggests not, but the examiner told me to get a D2 form. I checked with DVLA and they said I need the D2 as well (but I’m not sure the guy really understood what I was asking). I just don’t see the point of filling in extra forms if they’re not necessary. Anyone know?

I would do as DVLA advised and fill out a D2

Send one - what harm will it do and it may speed things up.

Examiner says D2, DVLA say D2… I would suggest, for the sake of 10 minutes of form filling, I’d send the D2! Your licence is really important, if DVLA find any issue (and I mean any) they will halt the issuing process until sorted…meaning you can’t drive an lgv until you full licence drops through your letterbox :wink:

Good luck

Tazbug

I know, they all say D2…except the back of the pass cert! You’d think they’d get it right! Anyway, I’ll get the form if it’s safer to do that!

Thanks for replies.

I kept hold of my license, needed it for CPC course, I sent off just the pass certificate and both parts of my license, D2 not required, don’t forget to sign the certificate, send it to the correct postcode (different postcode for hgv it’s on the back of the certificate), I sent mine registered (not recorded) and had the new license back inside a week.

:bulb: If you really like your license get certified photocopies of both parts and the pass certificate, DVLA have been known to ■■■■ up with categories and the only redress is to retake your test.

Oh good, that’s what I was after - someone who has sent theirs in this way, thanks.
About DVLA losing your entitlements, that’s astonishing!

exit:
Oh good, that’s what I was after - someone who has sent theirs in this way, thanks.
About DVLA losing your entitlements, that’s astonishing!

There are people on here that’ve had them added too, without taking the relevant test.