Licence question 4 years extra appeared

I renewed my photo yesterday at local Post office and I’ve just been online and checked my licence on DVLA and now my
C and C+E run out 29/4/2024 not 8/7/2020 a day before my 45th
So have I just got 4 free years or should I still expect a medical form next May ■■

Sent from my Bed on holiday

D4 medical due on expiry date shown on licence

ROG:

Result the ROG :smiley: so I don’t need to do a medical till about early march 2024 then ?

blue estate:

ROG:

Result the ROG :smiley: so I don’t need to do a medical till about early march 2024 then ?

I had to renew my photo 6 months before my 55th, licence runs to 6 months before my 60th, I assume a medical will be required for that renewal.

There’s a guy I know who took the old Class 3 (4 wheel rigid), licence in the 80s.
He sent the old provisional back for a full one… they sent him a Class 1, he’s renewed it every time and still drives an artic today…no it’s not me btw before anybody asks :laughing:

robroy:
There’s a guy I know who took the old Class 3 (4 wheel rigid), licence in the 80s.
He sent the old provisional back for a full one… they sent him a Class 1, he’s renewed it every time and still drives an artic today…no it’s not me btw before anybody asks :laughing:

I’ll believe you Roy :wink: :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

blue estate:

robroy:

That’s good bud :smiley: …think I’m fairly safe,.we all know that nobody likes ‘‘grassing’’ on here. :smiley:

robroy:

blue estate:

robroy:

That’s good bud :smiley: …think I’m fairly safe,.we all know that nobody likes ‘‘grassing’’ on here. :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Robroy same thing happened to my auld fella RIP. ,had medical for his licence at 70 (to haul a ifor Williams trailer behind a landie on the farm )well it came back as a class1 ,even showed it to a friend in the know and he said its kosher ….auld boy had lost his class 2 at 55 due to angina. this was early 2000s . :smiley:

Well got card through yesterday and yes date is 29/04/2024 [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

I know I deserted to Oz a long time ago, but I still remember how the authorities work over there: officious, obnoxious, pin pricking gits that want to jump on you for every little thing. I’d be inclined to tell 'em what’s happened because you never know what’s around the corner, and if something serious did happen, they’d be at you like a bunch of rabid dogs.
Me bitter and twisted? Never. :slight_smile: