Licence Query

Hi

This is my first post on the site, I am just confused on a question about my licence, I got my provisional C+E Licence before the change and did start taking lessons in this category but due to a massive change of career I decided not to follow it through.

Now I am thinking of starting lessons again do I have to start at Category C before moving onto C+E again.

Thanks for any help
Tony

Thanks to ROG for answering the query I had.

Hi - and welcome to the forum.

You’re in a strange but not unusual situation. You can drive a cat ce on your provisional but you won’t be able to take a test. You must complete Cat C first. When the full cat c arrives you should automatically receive provisional CE.

You will need to complete theory tests prior to taking your cat c test. No theory test for Cat ce.

Reading between the lines, you will have a C1 licence now. This means you escape the driver cpc initial qualification tests. But you still need to complete 35 hours of periodic driver cpc training before Sept 2014.

So your first move is theory training and test. Then practical CAT C followed by CE.

Hope this helps and the very best of luck with it all. Pete :laughing: :laughing: