Licence query

DVLA have only given me a temporary one year licence, I may want to return to driving part time again. Would employers reject me because of the temporary licence? Not turned a wheel on a Lorry for 2 years and feel the urge to get back in the seat.

I would go with agencies. An employer is going to be very reluctant to give a fulltime job to someone who is maybe likely to not be able to do the job in a years time.

after an 11 year break I got took on by tuffnells and I have a 12 month temporary license. it was the first job I applied for, so I can’t say whether other employers would follow suit? I would say that you won’t have a problem so long as there are jobs in your area.

Agencies was my first thought, will have a ring around and see what’s about.

Whats the reason for a one year licence? Is it due to health issues/past health issues etc? I’ve never heard of it before is all.

It’s for a medical reason, I was due a medical in October last year but they just sent my licence back without an explanation. I was not expecting to get it back so was surprised. I rang them but it’s like talking to a robot. This has been going on for two yeas now.

My licence is renewed every year, it doesnt stop me from getting work, the main thing is to have a current licence and all other cards up to date, hope that eases your worries, as an after thought, it can be a hindrance when the licence is up for renewal, with time off ( in my case ) for a treadmill test, and the medical, but you do not need to send the current back licence back as there is a box on the forms to state that you need your licence for work, and destroy it when the new one comes through. I have had issues in the past because it normally takes up to 3 months to renew ( medical issues ) and i was on international work at the time, but if your on uk work, you can ask for a letter from dvla to state your licence is current and up for renewal to sho to the uk authorities, dont know if you can legally carry this letter abroad, but i did continue working anyway.

Thanks, puts my mind at ease a bit.