Licence pretty much useless!

Hey all,

Passed me class 2 test 12 months ago and have been driving 18ton MAN ever since. I am a mobile workshop and had enough of being on spanners, but love driving the lorry. So been looking around internet for driving jobs, thinking now i have experience and digi tach experience, i even have ALLMI lorry loader and remote control ticket and fair experience as I lift fair old engines etc out of tiny holes!!! The more i look about the more depressed ive become they either want 100000 years experience or will pay frankly insulting money. It all seemed to be 40hrs @ £8/9 hour!!!

Am I not lookin in right place or is that about right wages? If so how do they expect people to eat!!!

GRRRRR this poxy country.(sorry all bit stressed!!!)

Depends in what area of the UK you are - many newbies in certain areas have recently secured F/T perm CE jobs but in other areas experienced drivers are still being made redundant.

The XMAS delivery season is now starting so maybe there will be tha chance of geting a few months temp work.

Insult me with £8 or £9 an hour if you want.What did you expect ?

Deathstar:
Insult me with £8 or £9 an hour if you want.What did you expect ?

General - not all areas
C1 = £6 to £7.50 per hour
C = £7 to £8.50 per hour
CE = £8 to £10 per hour

There have been CE jobs advertised at minimum wage recently as some employers try to use the fact that this recession has put many LGV drivers on the jobs market - more drivers than jobs

Companies - especially those that pay well - can and will pick and choose who they think is best suited for a driving job.

Connections do help :wink:

You only get into our place if you know someone.

I know somewhere that is paying £6.40 for Class 1, so £8 isn’t bad.

Even the agencies round my way are only paying £8-£9.50 so guess that is the going rate.

Simple economics really…more drivers than jobs = companies able to set whatever rates they like, whereas more jobs than drivers = better rates.

The industry require’s a UK wide strike in order to force up rates, everyone across the board.

Too many drivers to chose from is wearing a bit thin.

+1 on what Interlog said.

The best jobs are never advertised.

im being paid 8 quid an hour right now to drive a van…