Licence photocard

Ok question for any other recent new passes. When i got my licence back from passing my class c back in October it only had the pass date beside the c category and a line throught the c1 bit. Rang them up to find out why they hadnt added c1 on to it and they said they only add the category that i took a practical test in but im still entitled to drive c1, but when doing the c+e training last week turns out the other student who was training with me did his test a week b4 me back i october but his licence is fully marked up, so im just asking has any1 else this same issue or has dva just made a balls up on my licence and just fobbed me off with this story?

There’s no problem. You are covered to drive whatever is on your licence and anything lower in the same group. ie you hold CAT C, you get C1.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

It might be that your mate passed their car prior to 1997 and you didn’t, as I have C1 and never sat a test at that level.

Evil8Beezle:
It might be that your mate passed their car prior to 1997 and you didn’t, as I have C1 and never sat a test at that level.

Same here - I’m an old git and have had C1 on my licence since the year dot even though the only driving tests I’d ever taken before 2006 were taken on a Honda 250 and a Mini 850 (in the 1970s).

Also along the same lines, I don’t have Groups A1 or A2 on my licence, but I am allowed to ride such lightweight motorcycles as I have Group A on my licence.

Cheers for the help as usual folks did more research into it and turns out they literally changed the way they mark the photocards the day b4 they recieved my licence hence the boy i was training with got this marked up and i didnt but hey ho as long as i know im covered im happy