Licence expired

Hi all my hgv licence expires 13/03/14 but I turn age 45 the next day on 14/03/14 , do I still need to take medical to renew my licence thanks

Think you need a medical whatever age you are to renew a LGV.

There was a thread on here just lately that you will fit right into.
You are now the guinee pig.
Sorry, It’s just the way it is. :laughing:

Do you have a passport that’s got more than 5 years left to run?
If so, Spend £20 and get your photo licence updated.
DVLA will use the passport photo. You don’t need to send your passport to them, They can upload it from your passport number.
Apparently, There’s a loophole. Doing this will give you another 5 years before you need to do a medical.

Your licence expires because you need a medical…You should get the forms for your Medical sent to you just after Mid Feb… Get it done and sent off as soon as you can after you receive them.

Thanks guys just going to book medical , mo money

There’s a link on here to cheap medicals somewhere.

Make sure you look on the Useful Link forum for the cheap medical thread…

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19955

If you find a cheap one that’s not listed, PM me the details and I will update the thread…

Kate:
Your licence expires because you need a medical…You should get the forms for your Medical sent to you just after Mid Feb… Get it done and sent off as soon as you can after you receive them.

Hiya…if you look up hgv medical on TN you’ll see all types of stupid charges from doctors(£140) was the highest
i think. look around for cheaper ways to get the medical…one is doctor on wheels you go to their site to
find one close to you then phone to make a appointment…£51 i payed…my quack charged £130 the time before last.
John

Change your photo now and see if they give you another 5 years without doing the medical like they have for many of us on here

£24.50 at a post office is going to be cheaper than paying for a medical

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=106565&p=1603902

ROG:
Change your photo now and see if they give you another 5 years without doing the medical like they have for many of us on here

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=106565&p=1603902

Hiya good idea…then again why not have a quick check over… even the doctor on wheels checks
your blood pressure and urine. if degsy has had a checkup in the last year go with the photo change by all means.
John

limeyp[quote]

[/quote]
hil:

DVLA will use the passport photo. You don’t need to send your passport to them, They can upload it from your passport number.
Apparently, There’s a loophole. Doing this will give you another 5 years before you need to do a medical.

I only have irish passport

Just done my medical last week at my own doctors’ (for lgv licence renewal), cost £90… but company re-imbursing me for it… :smiley:

Degsey:

limeyp[quote]

[/quote]
hil:

I only have irish passport

I’d have a go at just renewing the photo.
I assume you have a UK licence, but Irish passport?

I tried the photo scam :laughing: it didnt work for me, DVLA sent me the forms for medical and renewal…I tried the £51 hgv medical…but they were absolutely choc a bloc, so decided to stick to my own doctor at £100…but at least he has all of my medical history in front of him, whereas the flying doctor will not, so as they say…better the devil and all that.

For the HGV Driver

At age 45 to 60 you have to have a medical, but its every 5 years…from age 65 to 70…its a medical every year. But if its only a car licence you want, you still have an annual renewal, but no medical.

I must admit that it worries me that the OP is bothered about his medical. Why?
Or is it just the cost.

ROG:

I recently renewed my license, the medical was £35 (in Sheffield near BOC gases next to M1 J33-J34), the license renewal was free because I didn`t need a new photo.
My passport expires in 2016, but the photo (on the card) part of my license is valid until 2019. I did the medical in the Monday, sent it off on Tuesday, and it was returned back to me the following Tuesday

From what i can remember. I’m sure i took the medical form to the doctor, He signed it and stamped it, Then i sent it to DVLA.
What would stop anyone from signing it themselves and saving the fee?
I of course would never dream of doing some dastardly deed like that, I’m an honest upstanding pillar of the community, don’t you know.