Licence and DQC return

Good morning chaps! On finally passing my class 2 after making hard work of it the examiner asked if I’d like her to send off my driving licence for me to have the Cat C added. I agreed but in the moment forgot to ask anything g regarding the process.
Am I able to work before it’s return and as I have completed all other parts of my CPC will the DQC now be sent out to me without me having to do anything else along with my licence?
Thanks in advance for any guidance

Legally yes but most employers want to see the physical licence

Trucker Jimbob:
Good morning chaps! On finally passing my class 2 after making hard work of it the examiner asked if I’d like her to send off my driving licence for me to have the Cat C added. I agreed but in the moment forgot to ask anything g regarding the process.
Am I able to work before it’s return and as I have completed all other parts of my CPC will the DQC now be sent out to me without me having to do anything else along with my licence?

Congratulations on the pass! My new licence and DQC came back within about a week of passing, back in August. You’ll also need a Digicard if you haven’t already got one, which can be applied for at Apply for a driver digital tachograph card - GOV.UK

Thanks ROG and goff… I have the tacho card already so just waiting for those other two…hopefully I don’t get caught up in these DVLA delays

Goff118:

Trucker Jimbob:

Congratulations on the pass! My new licence and DQC came back within about a week of passing, back in August. You’ll also need a Digicard if you haven’t already got one, which can be applied for at Apply for a driver digital tachograph card - GOV.UK

If you don’t mind me asking, how long did your Tacho card take? One week is great for the DCPC.

mburt 80:

Goff118:

Trucker Jimbob:

If you don’t mind me asking, how long did your Tacho card take? One week is great for the DCPC.

The tacho card was even quicker. I had it the same week as I applied for it.

Trucker Jimbob:

Goff118:

mburt 80:

Goff118:
The tacho card was even quicker. I had it the same week as I applied for it.

Ah excellent, that makes me feel a little better lol

My goodness! In response to my own post! I can’t quite believe I’ve just had my
Licence returned with cat C added after 3 days!

Trucker Jimbob:
My goodness! In response to my own post! I can’t quite believe I’ve just had my
Licence returned with cat C added after 3 days!

3 days!!!

Nah I don’t believe it hahaha

Jesus, the must have had a proper kick up the proverbial lol.