Liberace's Back On The Bendy's

I’m pigging boared (famous last words). This class 2 thing’s ok, but II can feel e skill I’ve fought long and hard for on the Class 1’s slipping away, and the job’s getting repetatively boaring - plus the people we’re working for keep trying to cut their haulage bill by cutting my hours. I’ve only had nine a day this week.

I’ve gone for a chat with a local agency, they can guarantee me work at one particular sight (Walkers Crisps in Leicester) for quote “the rest of your working life mate.” So I’m going to see how that pans out. I’ve given my notice and start a week er tomorrow - today shifts :laughing: ). I also have the option of being taken on by Walkers after six months if they want me, and look at it this way, apparently they’ve got depots in Australia and New Zeland. Might just suit me nicely. If the work stays constant, it’ll be more money than I’m on, easpecially working Sunday - Thursday with Friday & Saturday off. I feel better now :wink: .

Lib i hear the money with Walkers is fantastic, its hard to get in apparently but when you do they pay well.

The contract’s got an option for Walkers to take me on after six months if they like the look of me :smiley: .

The contract’s got an option for Walkers to take me on after six months if they like the look of me

Well dont go dressed like you are in your’e avatar mate… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

SCANTHEMAN

Last December I was talking to a bloke in a co-op dump round Braunstone way, (I think) anyway, he had just gone on Walkers, and though the work was a bit samey, he reckoned it was a easy number, and I think I remember he said he got the gig via an agency, so there you go!

my mate peanut works for walkers on nights thursday to monday. hes on around 27k for 50 odd hours a week....... but its a boring job ian. his real names andy barnes, if you see him tell him you know me, hell put you right. rgds jon

If I see him around, I’ll have a word John. Thanks :wink: . I’m actually bricking it slightly about going out in an artic again after 3 months, but I’ll be ok once I’ve got going again. I can cope with the work being samey, so long as your not teararsing about with it :wink: .

peanut never EVER chases anywhere ian. he reckons you have to slow the job right down to get your hours in. if you like the easy life walkers is the job for you

BTW, you sure Peanut’s still at Walkers? Their’s a TM at my current place named Andy Barnes :smiley: :open_mouth: .

lol he was last night!

Hey…I know for a fact you cant go wrong at walkers…if you get the chance to get your foot in the door then take it… I worked for them out of there leicester depot and loved it… I would have stayed there if not for the fact I was moving to the USA…back then (5 years ago) it was a job and finish deal…I never ever worked more than 8 hours… but still got paid for them…things may have changed but when I was there I loved it.

Bully

there on a banked hours system now bully. he has to do ten per day, any less and they take it out of the bank, do you follow what i mean?

Went to Walkers in Leicester this week ( been driving a class1 for 3 weeks now so im well experienced :open_mouth: ) and its been the easiest and most helpful place i have been so far… :wink: