LHD Bollekens cabbed Mk V AECs

Mandator cab shell. Robert

Not exactly Robert. The B69 cab was made for the torpedo models as Volvo and Scania.

This photo shows the last Bollekens cab made. After an accident this cab, from old stock, was installed by coach builder Stoelen in Lier, only 5 miles from the former Bollekens premises in de early seventies. Photo taken by me in 1983 at the dairy plant in Lier.

Hey Ferre, the Bé Gé cab looked a lot beter for me. Maybe often not so roomy but.
The sunvisor top above the windscreen was a identifying of Bollekens.

Eric,

mandator:
Not exactly Robert. The B69 cab was made for the torpedo models as Volvo and Scania.

This photo shows the last Bollekens cab made. After an accident this cab, from old stock, was installed by coach builder Stoelen in Lier, only 5 miles from the former Bollekens premises in de early seventies. Photo taken by me in 1983 at the dairy plant in Lier.

Ah yes: that all makes sense now. Cheers! Robert :slight_smile:

Somewhere on this forum, I posted a link to a site which put dates to the introduction of the various Bollekens cabs. This article logs the launch of the “MkV” type:

IIRC, the Ergo-fronted one replaced it in 1968… or was it '72? :laughing:

That one with the Ergo-front on the MkV-type cab must have been some sort of “interim” model. It looks daft to me- both the earlier and later ones look better. That said, a “proper” Ergo beats them all for looks, IMO. :smiley:

Anorak, with the introduction of the Ergomatic cab in 1968 in Belgium, the relationship with Bollekens ended. The last Bollekens cab with Ergo grille was indeed a ‘gap’ model :sunglasses:

Nice to compare. Two AECs of hauler De Eendracht NV of Antwerp

[zb]
anorak:
Somewhere on this forum, I posted a link to a site which put dates to the introduction of the various Bollekens cabs. This article logs the launch of the “MkV” type:
IIRC, the Ergo-fronted one replaced it in 1968… or was it '72? :laughing:

That one with the Ergo-front on the MkV-type cab must have been some sort of “interim” model. It looks daft to me- both the earlier and later ones look better. That said, a “proper” Ergo beats them all for looks, IMO. :smiley:

Good research! And a rare glimpse inside the ‘cockpit’. Robert :smiley:

A few posts back I commented on Van Gaever’s stylish semi-trailers. It’s comforting :confused: to know that some of them were hauled by ERF units!! Robert :laughing:

erf-v-type-02.jpg

This one also :

Is the previous one a Bollekens cab ?
One more:

Ho-ho - good pics Michel! Robert :smiley:

The Van Gaever N°45 is indeed fitted with a Bollekens cab on a Mk III chassis. The Transit one is Bollekens fitted on the Mk V chassis

In all fairness : is there more to tell about BOLLEKENS? With all respect I “only” notice
some acknowledgements on what they’ve built towards pictures…but what was this
company doing in fact? History, partners, innovation etc

There is a brief but interesting history, but only in Dutch :sunglasses:

mandator:
There is a brief but interesting history, but only in Dutch :sunglasses:

Post it, and we can share the load of translating it! :smiley:

Are there any in preservation, and how did they compare to the mkv and ergo cabs ,were they more comfortable and quieter and are there any interior photos ■■?

ramone:
Are there any in preservation, and how did they compare to the mkv and ergo cabs ,were they more comfortable and quieter and are there any interior photos ■■?

Well clearly, in the case of the Mk Vs there was nothing to compare with the Bollekens cab because it was the only sleeper cab version on the market - wasn’t it?

As for the Ergo, there were a few UK sleeper cabs like the one for the Iran trips. I don’t know which were best though: over to you chaps who experienced them! Robert

To my knownledge only two of the Bollekens cabbed AECs are in (stored) preservation:

• Mandator Mk III , tractor of 1958 former BP Belgium (the one on the cover the AEC Gazette in 1960) now in private hands;
  • Monarch Mk III, tanker former Fina refinery at Antwerp, now in private hands.