Lgv1 driver jobs in devon & cornwall

HI ALL,
IM NEW TO THE FORUM AND ASKING ALL YOU GOOD PEOPLE OUT THERE IF YOU KNOW ANYONE LOOKING FOR DRIVERS IN DEVON & CORNWALL. I DO HAVE LGV1 AND PCV LICENCE, BUT NO COMPANIES DOWN HERE SEEM TO BE TAKING ON AT PRESENT. THERE IS BAILEYS AND WESTFIELDS BUT IS THERE ANYONE ELSE THAT NEEDS DRIVERS.

ALL HELP VERY MUCH APPRECIATED. THANKS ALL

24CARATPLONKER :smiley: :smiley:

Was going to say the only one I can think of that is likely to take on is Conway bailey. Fergusons at Plymouth are often on the lookout too. But there ain’t much going on really.

Welcome and take your caps off we don’t like shouting, what about Samworth Bros, L P Stephens, co-op at Plymouth, 3663 at Lee Mills.

Sorry mate but its grim down here at mo, same as everywhere i suppose. :frowning: :frowning:

bald bloke:
Welcome and take your caps off we don’t like shouting, what about Samworth Bros, L P Stephens, co-op at Plymouth, 3663 at Lee Mills.

Mate of mine who’s driven for Samworths since god knows when has just had his hours cut along with most if not all of the other drivers. He now does 4 on, 4 off and has taken an 11’000 a year cut :open_mouth:
It is grim down here, yes but you could try Viridor (waste) and Mearn’s is it? See their trucks passing me every day but cant remember their correct name but i think they do china clay transport for Imerys. Harts Haulage near Truro also seem to have a ■■■■ load of wagons, tippers etc. Fergusons Transport, also see them alot down here.

Gembo:

bald bloke:

Mate of mine who’s driven for Samworths since god knows when has just had his hours cut along with most if not all of the other drivers. He now does 4 on, 4 off and has taken an 11’000 a year cut :open_mouth:
It is grim down here, yes but you could try Viridor (waste) and Mearn’s is it? See their trucks passing me every day but cant remember their correct name but i think they do china clay transport for Imerys. Harts Haulage near Truro also seem to have a [zb] load of wagons, tippers etc. Fergusons Transport, also see them alot down here.

Bloody hell 11,000 a year cut ? thats not funny is it,hope things pick up again soon :frowning:

calebs gramps:

Gembo:

bald bloke:

It is grim down here, yes but you could try Viridor (waste) and Mearn’s is it? See their trucks passing me every day but cant remember their correct name but i think they do china clay transport for Imerys. Harts Haulage near Truro also seem to have a [zb] load of wagons, tippers etc. Fergusons Transport, also see them alot down here.

Bloody hell 11,000 a year cut ? thats not funny is it,hope things pick up again soon :frowning:

I was shocked too, and that was’nt hear-say rubbish, he told me himself.

Gembo. PM sent. :wink: :wink:

Have you tried Evans Transport ? Mate of mine , with not much class one exp , has recently got a start with them . Don’t know what they pay, but he isn’t moaning …yet :wink:

MRCT at WIlland?

Gembo:

bald bloke:

they must of been on one hell of a good screw to take a pay cut of £211 p.w :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

what about Gregory’s arent they down Devon/Cornwall and spar are down that way and Hovis have got a depot in Plymouth too.Good luck anyway mate.

shade:
Have you tried Evans Transport ? Mate of mine , with not much class one exp , has recently got a start with them . Don’t know what they pay, but he isn’t moaning …yet :wink:

My mate started last week with Evans…Only passed his test 3 weeks back! :open_mouth:

I work at samworths,leicester night trunk drivers are on about 39k for a 5 day week about 11hrs a night.
Callington,droitwich and penrith are now on 4 on 4 off system,think lads up at penrith have dropped down from about 38k for 5 nights and now on 32k for 4 on 4 off.

Try this lot, the drivers seem to stick around and seem quite happy. backlinelogistics.co.uk/vaca … ing-areas/

Stevie DS:
I work at samworths,leicester night trunk drivers are on about 39k for a 5 day week about 11hrs a night.
Callington,droitwich and penrith are now on 4 on 4 off system,think lads up at penrith have dropped down from about 38k for 5 nights and now on 32k for 4 on 4 off.

ive never worked 4 on/4 off so im a bit perplexed as to how it saves money for the company,who now does the 5 th shift :question: ,there going to have pay someone to do it,so there still having to pay 5 shifts p.w,so i can see how there saving :confused:

ady1:
ive never worked 4 on/4 off so im a bit perplexed as to how it saves money for the company,who now does the 5 th shift :question: ,there going to have pay someone to do it,so there still having to pay 5 shifts p.w,so i can see how there saving :confused:

Because the two drivers on 4on / 4 off share one vehicle so it runs seven days a week.