lgv training

does anyone know of any training to upgrade to full c+e around west yorkshire area?
i want to upgrade but the Large schools or well known ones charge a fortune and moneys a little tight at the moment :confused:
cheers in advance :wink:

the only one ive seen about in that area is tockwith, dont know if youve tried them.

drawbardaz:
does anyone know of any training to upgrade to full c+e around west yorkshire area?

Hi drawbardaz,

If you click the link below, you can access a list of training providers who have been recommended by our members:

LGV TRAINING TIPS [Reworked 01/02/2022] (Read only) - #5 by rog - NEW AND WANNABE DRIVERS (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

I hope this helps. :smiley:

I went for my C+E a while ago and I know what you mean, although I’m not in your area I did shop around the big schools and the small independent trainers but didn’t find anything for less than around £900 :frowning:

Dont think youl get mch change out of a grand these days to be honest

Hi, if you are prepared to pop down to Doncaster, about 1/2 hour in car from Leeds, i went to Atlas LGV in Doncaster, cost me about £800 inc test fee.

Owner and instructor is Rob Boughen, very knoledgeable, good instructor, DSA registered and runs modules of CPC if any good for you;

www.atlaslgvtraining.co.uk

I know when I rang around Leeds all I got was brokers.

Another one but I have no experience of is Elmet LGV Training at Sherburn in Elmet, that guy is a member on here and posts a bit too, seems ok

if your willing to travel there is one in north wales does it for about 700.
pandgdrivertraining.co.uk/

thanks for the info fellas,better keep saving the pennys then :wink:

Crazy eh?

We all know that you have to have the licence to drive but the costs these days are quite over the top aren’t they? Lets face it if you were being paid the extra money to recap all the expense of training once you get a job (LOL) it would be okay but the wages do not reflect the importance of the job and never will. :frowning:

drawbardaz:
i want to upgrade but the Large schools or well known ones charge a fortune and moneys a little tight at the moment :confused:
cheers in advance :wink:

Just a thought:-

As you presumably have C+E but with drawbar restriction, is there any chance you could borrow a wagon and drag (maybe the one you drive) and book your own test? You would have to make sure it complied with the minimum test standard vehicle, and would have to put L plates on for your test.

no mate,im out of work at the moment :frowning:

give paul walker a ring at EDT in sherburn, i did mine in may and passed first time outand best of all its 1 on 1 training and good rates as well

elmetdrivertraining.co.uk/

There is no such thing as cheap training

You will get what you pay for!

burnie1:

thats the opinion of someone who is in the training business i think!

mpat134:
give paul walker a ring at EDT in sherburn, i did mine in may and passed first time outand best of all its 1 on 1 training and good rates as well

elmetdrivertraining.co.uk/

thanks for the link mate.

drawbardaz:

burnie1:

thats the opinion of someone who is in the training business i think!

I’m not n the training biz but I agree with burnie. You pay peanuts you get monkeys I would rather pay a bit extra for 1-1 training with someone who knows what their talking about rather than pay peanuts to a monkey who couldn’t train me to push a wheel barrow.

It’s a false economy you go for the cheap one and then have to retest a few times because of the poor training it soon adds up to more than the decent one who’s a bit pricier. I did my class 2 and 1 with lanes. Passed both first time. When I did my 1 a retest was something like £100.

If you think you can do it on the cheap then you are mistaken.

I would say that you need the have about £1500 available before you start training.

If you have not got this then think twice before you start training. If you fail have You got enough for a retrain? If not then you could end up with nothing

hi all first time on this site, i just passed my c+e class 1,on tuesday, had 4 sessions and test,only 3 days in total,it cost me £1,170,this was in lincolnshire grimsby,nice instructer nice small company to learn with, i passed my class 2 in 2001,be away for a long time,back now lol :smiley: