LGV Training Centres in West Yorkshire (or close to)

I am looking to progress from a normal driving license to a C + E LGV license.

I realise this means I will have to pass both the Class 2 and Class 1 LGV driving tests and I am looking to do this for as little money as possible

Can anybody recommend a LGV training centre reasonably close to where I live? (in Huddersfield)… anywhere close enough so I can drive there and back in a day so that I don’t have to pay for accommodation will do!

So far I have been recommended 2 places in Bradford (Apex and Atkins) but the only price I have seen so far (without phoning around) is the Stockport training centre on the net which is quoting just under £2000 for everything (including tests, training, medicals, theory tests and books etc).

I’m looking for as many recommendations as possible before phoning around.

Thanks

Loll

Give these a ring.
hargreavestraining.com/

I think they where or took over Whiteways who used to be based in Ossett.

Where in Huddersfield you from.

You can also try this company, don’t know anythuing about them though

J G Transport
Copside Farm
Slaithwaite West Yorkshire HD7 5XA
Tel: 01484 844387

rajackson-lgv.com/
sherburn in elmet
selby

passed both class 1 & 2 with him.

dparr59

Try these near Wakefield did my training with them as did some of the others on here. Good modern fleet.

I can recommend John at J G Transport Slaithwaite, I passed my Class 2/3 last July after 20 hours tuition and my Class 1 in August after 14 hours, he has a Volvo FM 290 drawbar 4 wheeler.

Make sure you’ve got more than 2 grand put aside to be safe. It only costs 2 grand if you don’t need any extra training and can pass both tests first time . For most people that’s unlikely. At £300 for every retest it soon adds up. I’m 3500 in the hole and still no end in sight.

You don’t want to end up p!ssing away thousands with nothing to show for it because you’ve only budgeted 2 grand to pass both tests.