LGV trainer tryout

I have been trying out a few local training companies before I part with over 2 grand in training fee’s. The companies have been taking 20 quid for a short assessment which seems quite fair for 30 mins in a truck. One of the companies I’m looking at asked me for 40 quid, I’m interested in trying them out but assumed it would be about £20.00. Anyone else think £40.00 for an “assessment” too expensive they say they will refund it if a sign up.

I was asked for £30 for 1 hr assessment but this was a few years back & it would have been taken off if i signed up with them

It seems to vary from place to place but there abouts of £20-£40 is 'bout right, & usually is also deducted off the course if you sign up for training with them, but you would need to check that this is the case!!

I paid £50 each for the assessments I had with 2 different companies. The company I am training with has knocked the assessment fee off of the course price though, so it’s all good. Hopefully, 3 weeks today, I will have passed my class c… Fingers crossed.

A lot of trainers will provide free assessments. For example we offer this at 4pm each day and at weekends.

Where a company does charge for them the cost will usually be deducted from the course fee if you book. You should make sure this is the case.

Thanks folks, had my tryout didn’t cost me 40 quid as I decided the lady instructor who also runs the company is the “one”. Very professional and speaks DSA so we are on the same page. Like most people my budget is tight and I want trailers as well so loads more pressure as resits are not an option. :cry: :laughing: