Lgv test in ni cheap?

Hi everyone,

i have just had a little scour on the net and you can take your lgv test in Northern Ireland for £650 and that includes 5 full days training and test! plus £20 b&b if you need it!

Does anyone know if the dvla would accept a test pass certificate from NI even though its still GB as the tests there are conducted by the DVTA ,(the DSA,s counterpart i suppose),as i just failed my lgv here and it aint cheap as you all know ,so sometime down the line i would like a retest and for the price it does not seem too bad. :smiley:

Posted Sept 4 2007

marty:
hello i’m new here,
i got my medical last year, it cost £40
done theory test at christmas, and then class 2 in march
5 day course with test on saturday cost £590
got class 1 at the end of july past,
5 day course with test on friday cost £560
i done all my training with ken irwin of craigavon northern ireland,
highly recommended, past everything first time.
have not done any driving yet

Cheers ROG,

I think there might be light at the end of the tunnel :wink: :wink:

jmcg73:
Cheers ROG,

I think there might be light at the end of the tunnel :wink: :wink:

There was another post on this site about this subject but I cannot seem to locate it.
Now then, my memory is not that good but I seem to remember something about being a resident of NI for a particular length of time before any DVTA test can be done - I AINT SURE ON THIS POINT THOUGH

The company are actually advertising …“if your from the southeast of England and london why not travel to us for training and test at a fraction of the cost in London?”

Its City Training services in Armagh, might even give them a ring and find all the ins and outs regarding the licence.

Just thought id ask you first :wink:

jmcg73:
The company are actually advertising …“if your from the southeast of England and london why not travel to us for training and test at a fraction of the cost in London?”

Its City Training services in Armagh, might even give them a ring and find all the ins and outs regarding the licence.

Just thought id ask you first :wink:

If legal and on the level - go for it but ask lots of questions

PS - work out the whole cost including travelling and board etc

That should’nt be a problem as my folks live there!

Never gave it a second thought, as i just thought as you say, you might have to live there for a certain time ect…Typical but i will definately look into it :wink:

ROG:
There was another post on this site about this subject but I cannot seem to locate it.

This one:

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … ht=#318562

?

mrpj:

ROG:

This one:

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … ht=#318562

?

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: THAT’S THE ONE :exclamation: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
It has the DEFINITIVE answer
Thanks mrpj

There was a guy that came on here for advice (Leonard Hatred)
about the same thing - he went ahead and didn’t pass! Now he is asking around for training in England,

So its a good deal if you do pass - but otherwise - well!

I don’t know the ins and outs, but I would have thought it do-able.

Two things.

Double check the paperwork side. You might need a matching pair - e.g. NI theory test pass too (couple of different answers to the questions). Then it might be required to exchange the UK one for an NI one, which may technically require residency requirements to be met.

Second is the hidden costs, like getting there, etc. (also retest) It soon pushes the price up, but if you’ve secondary reasons for the trip (visiting family/friends) then it’s as good an excuse as any.

There was a cheap option in Scotland. There was a guy in Aberdeen who did his training and test with a one-man-band (which takes the VAT out of the equation). Cost was similar to NI option. That way you’d definitely be dealing with the DVLA.

Do they conduct tests in Orkney? :smiley:

As i say i have my folks there and the roof don’t leak! :laughing: so accomadation is not a problem, as for flights you can still fly there from Luton (live 2 miles from airport) on Ryanscare for about £25 return if you book early enough!

But as everyone on this thread seems to feel,i think with the hassle,taking extra time off work in the event of a retest, different roads/driving styles altogether which i can vouch for! licence numbers ect… I think i will just stick to the devil i know…Good old Leighton Buzzard or ORKNEY!!!:wink: :smiley:

Thanks guys :smiley: