LGV sat nav

Dose anyone know if there is a satnav (■■■■■■■■ for the LGV driver? We need one more than most and our’s need’s to warn us of things like low bridges, weight restrictions ect… so any one know?

Don’t know about specific SatNav’d for truckers, but i had a TomTom One until it was stolen.

I got hold of Low Bridge Height POI’s for the SatNav which worked a treat. Seemed to cover most low bridges and could set up as a warning when approaching a low bridge or it was part of a route.

SatNav’s get slammed all the time, i am swayed two ways they can be really handy, espec for an agency driver where you could be going anywhere, better than when i used to have to carry loads of maps. But on the other hand a lot of common sense is needed with SatNavs, but again same can be true of maps.

Shortest route maybe through some housing estate but in reality not a chance in hell of getting an arctic through it.

I bought myself a Garmin (halfords recommend them above the much advertised Tom Tom) which I find invaluable as im doing agency work.
Once I realised not to take every route it suggests (after driving for miles on an unclassified road which was a nightmare) I am happy with it. :smiley:
I believe there is a site called Low Bridge.com which allows you to download information so that the sat nav tells you when a bridge is looming.
I did however purchase an AA atlas as its reassuring to check where the sat nav is taking you as I didnt like not knowing where I was heading.

Brilliant pal i’ll give it a try and see if i can down load the settings i need

Daddy Jambo:
Brilliant pal i’ll give it a try and see if i can down load the settings i need

On what sat nav r u d/loading for Daddy Jambo, tom tom or garmin

I also want to know what the best is sat nav is for lgv (for future ref.)

Thanks

at the moment id go for miomap or if you want the warnings go for tomtom

kaode it’s a packardbell something or other satnav

@alix776 Thanks

also cheers Daddy Jambo there are allot of sat-navs on the market :open_mouth:
I see halfords are selling there’s with up to 50% of until Mon. if anyone interested.

I believe sat navs will make drivers feel as though they are suffering from dementure after prolonged use, due to the lack of brain usage and observation, these things are ok if you are a Polish driver that wishes to demolish half the British countryside and get stuck on a very narrow bridge.
Dont get me wrong they are good things, however they will make a good driver bad and keep an idiot entertained for years if used from the yard to the drop, please take note, there is no point setting off unless you know where your going and once you have got there you should be able to find your way back!

I was accused of using Sat Nav this week. How Rude!

I actually used a map and got slightly off track :stuck_out_tongue: I found a very narrow road getting narrower by the minute and was fortunate that a car behind me realised and blocked the road so I could turn round.

He said, did your sat nav send you down here. :smiley: I said that it was a road map and he told me that many drivers have come unstuck by using them.

I was delivering to Much Marcle near Ledbury and was given a short cut that worked eventually :blush:

munibear:
however they will make a good driver bad

How will using a map make a good driver bad? I think every single driver on these boards uses a map, in one form or another. :confused: :confused:

munibear:
please take note, there is no point setting off unless you know where your going and once you have got there you should be able to find your way back!

And how do you work out where you are going before you set off without using some kind of map?