LGV provisionals

Just to clarify a point.
can a provisional C+E drive a loaded artic on a Motorway whilst under instruction?
I feel sure they can but need to be certain

del949:
Just to clarify a point.
can a provisional C+E drive a loaded artic on a Motorway whilst under instruction?

YES - as long as the supervising driver has had C+E for at least 3 years and L plates are displayed

Thanks rog.

are you sure rog?

i thought you were not allowed to be freighted while you were learning?

if you have L plates on then you are under instruction? so you cant carry a load?

i have been known to be wrong quite often though!

Giblsa:

No, it’s only the actual test where you (currently) need to be unloaded.

are you sure rog?

You can drive under suspevision carrying a load but as was stated above by mrpj you cannot use a loaded vehcile for the test.

Very good practice for the future in a loaded vehicle though and good to get the experience.

Mothertrucker:
Very good practice for the future in a loaded vehicle though and good to get the experience.

I can agree with that as before I did my c+e at the beginning ,of the month i spent a month with one of the old drivers with the L plates on . It was far better practice by doing real manouveres rather than the ones in the DSA book, and having to do reversing into some tight places certainly,helped me. And the big difference in pulling away in a fully loaded wagon rather than an unladen one, certainly means getting useing the gearbox correctly

mind you having a decent boss who let me get the extra practice in the ,first place also helped.

ROG:

del949:
Just to clarify a point.

YES - as long as the supervising driver has had C+E for at least 3 years and L plates are displayed

And if you are delivering it you must have the relevant “O” Licence etc…