LGV Medical 45 then what

45 LGV first medical then how long before next one.When one is 45 and the LGV Licence runs out two years later does one have to have to renew so that it runs same time as medical ?

No. Your medical lasts for 5 years until you hit 65 then it’s annually. No need to renew the medical so it lines up with the licence.

fuse:
45 LGV first medical then how long before next one.When one is 45 and the LGV Licence runs out two years later does one have to have to renew so that it runs same time as medical ?

5 years
Photo expiry on 3b of the licence can run differently to the D4 medical date so each has to be done just prior to their respective expiry dates

Thanks for help ,can you just bear with me, you hit 45 then it is every 5 years until 70 then it is every year after that for the medical …I am 74 so I can not think how long the LGV licence lasted is that every 5 years until 70 then it is every year along with medical ■■? :blush:

fuse:
Thanks for help ,can you just bear with me, you hit 45 then it is every 5 years until 70 then it is every year after that for the medical …I am 74 so I can not think how long the LGV licence lasted is that every 5 years until 70 then it is every year along with medical ■■? :blush:

You need to have one every year once you reach 65, not 70. So it’s age 45,50,55,60,65,66,67,68,69 etc. Even if it still shows on your physical licence because you don’t have a current medical in force you don’t have the entitlement. A licence check with DVLA online would show you didn’t have the entitlement.

So if you had your medical at age 65 and didn’t have one at age 66 you’ve not had entitlement to drive lorries until you took your next medical.

Conor:
You need to have one every year once you reach 65, not 70. So it’s age 45,50,55,60,65,66,67,68,69 etc. Even if it still shows on your physical licence because you don’t have a current medical in force you don’t have the entitlement. A licence check with DVLA online would show you didn’t have the entitlement.

I had my last medical aged 60 years 11 months and DVLA Online shows my HGV entitlement valid until I am 65 years 11 months.

Harry Monk:
I had my last medical aged 60 years 11 months and DVLA Online shows my HGV entitlement valid until I am 65 years 11 months.

If you get a medical aged 64, you won’t need another medical until aged 69.

But if you get a medical aged 65, you will need another medical aged 66, 67, 68, 69, etc.

Probably better to get the medical at 64.

carlston49:

Harry Monk:

If you get a medical aged 64, you won’t need another medical until aged 69.

But if you get a medical aged 65, you will need another medical aged 66, 67, 68, 69, etc.

Probably better to get the medical at 64.

Is that actually correct?
Worth knowing if so, but tbh I doubt it.
Anybody verify it?

Thinking maybe Conor’s version is correct though.

How long is a medical valid for a licence application,.
For instance my licence is due for renewal in March, if I got chance of a medical in Jan whilst off work,.would that medical date be valid at time of actual.application?

Mine was renewed 21/11/19 and runs out 19/2/23 the day before I’m 66

robroy:
For instance my licence is due for renewal in March, if I got chance of a medical in Jan whilst off work,.would that medical date be valid at time of actual.application?

I’m pretty sure it’s valid for three months Rob.

Harry Monk:

robroy:

I’m pretty sure it’s valid for three months Rob.

Four months