LGV Licence renewal

I’m soon to be 55. yippee. That means it’s time to renew my LGV entitlement (expires 31/8/21). The photo licence expires on the same date so I’ll need to send them a new mugshot too.

Now I’m a little out of touch with this procedure so, do I wait for DVLA to send me a personalised D47PU form that does it all or do I use the D2/D4 pack I’ve just picked up from the post office and rush back to pick up a D1 form to renew my photo as well?

Not sure as to how efficient DVLA are at the minute regarding renewals and whilst I’m not “using” my LGV entitlement, I still need to renew my 10 year licence regardless - just after the most painless way of doing it. Medical booked for next Friday so not overlooked that bit!

Thanks in advance

D47PU is usually sent out about 6 weeks prior to expiry if I remember correctly

Pay more than £60 for the D4 medical = ripped off

Medical is £55 so in the zone.

Just noticed a box for a photo on the D2 so I guess that pretty much answers my question…note to self : always read the question paper through first!

Was going to post I was able to attach an updated photo when I had my medical renewal last year.

It tells you on the form on the front page if you need new photo or Not, usually top right.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Do not wait for the DVLA to send one out, I did not get mine until 2 weeks before mine ran out. I had already sent one off by then. Although I have heard nothing since, and that was 11/6/21
They are still on strike I think, cant get through on the phone.
Total waste of time as usual.

Sent mine back 2 weeks ago, DVLA sent me 2 applications for some reason, I didn’t have to re-new my photo.

Still waiting for mine to come back, it runs out on the 1st August 2021 and just did a check licence nothing changed yet.

I might have to drive under section 88 of the road traffic act, if it doesn’t come back before the expiry!!!

It seems theres a 10 week wait at the moment!!

I’ll send it in on the post office supplied D2 then as soon as I’ve got the medical done. Registered post to prove I’ve done it.

Thanks for that, I did try a webchat with DVLA this afternoon but only the bot was playing - no humans.

Remember to scan everything before sending

If you have a UK biometric passport you shouldn’t have to worry about the photo update as DVLA can take it automatically from the passport people