LGV CPC

I have A QUESTION ABOUT THE LGV PCP…

I am just started as a PCV Driver with a bus Company so the CpC makes full sense.
also if i were to pass my LGV and work for a Haulage company then again the CpC would make sense.

So my question is this. I want to return to work with the NHS, by driving their Lorries that do work services and Deliveries and blood Deliveries.
Would I need a Full CpC for this ?
Or would I just need LGV thoery , Hazard and Driving test.
Or just the Driving test on its own ■■

Thanks in Advance

davie77`:
I have A QUESTION ABOUT THE LGV PCP…

I am just started as a PCV Driver with a bus Company so the CpC makes full sense.
also if i were to pass my LGV and work for a Haulage company then again the CpC would make sense.

So my question is this. I want to return to work with the NHS, by driving their Lorries that do work services and Deliveries and blood Deliveries.
Would I need a Full CpC for this ?

This would depend if you already hold a 7.5 tonne licence (passed your car before Jan 1997)
If not then you would have to complete a conversion cpc qualification for your LGV

Or would I just need LGV thoery , Hazard and Driving test.
As Above

Or just the Driving test on its own ■■

Definately need to do another theory before taking a driving test

Thanks in Advance

I passed my Car License in March 1997 So I don’t hold the C1 Category…

For information. NHS Supply Chain is operated by DHL and they require a driving assessment before sending you out on a run.

davie77`:
I passed my Car License in March 1997 So I don’t hold the C1 Category…

That means all 4 modules need to be passed before driving commercially

If your medical for the PCV was over a year ago you’ll need another one for the LGV provisional.

mrpj:
If your medical for the PCV was over a year ago you’ll need another one for the LGV provisional.

Unless he was canny enough to tick C & D when applying so that the one medical covered both from the outset

For what you wish to do -

PCV modules
1a theory
1b HPT
2 initial DCPC theory
3 road drive
4 initial DCPC practical

LGV modules
1a theory
1b HPT
2 initial DCPC theory - that could be the shorter conversion one
3 road drive
4 initial DCPC practical

After completing all 4 PCV moodules you will get issued with a DQC (driver cpc card) with a 5 year expiry date
After completing all 4 LGV modules you will get issued with a new DQC with the 5 year expiry date as above for PCV and another different 5 year expiry date for LGV
After completing all 35 hours of dcpc periodic training (at any time) before the DQC PCV expiry date runs out you will get a new DQC with both PCV & LGV expiry dates being the same and that will be 5 years from the LGV (not PCV) expiry date which gives you some free periodic months or years

NOTE:- only periodic training done within 5 years of the expiry date on a DQC will count so if you get some free months or years make sure you do not waste time/money doing periodic training until it gets to within the 5 years of the DQC expiry date

Passing PCV D auto and then LGV C manual (in any order) will get you C & D manual on your licence

Stop worrying about the DCPC, no one else is worried apart from VOSA who has to remember who is exempt and who needs a DQC!

Belgium - Cat. C: 10.9.2016

Germany - Cat. C: 10 .9.2016

Luxembourg - Cat. C: 10.9.2016

Netherlands - Cat. C: 10.9.2016

Portugal - 50 years old: by 10.9.2016.

Spain - Licence ends in 9 or 0: 10.9.2016

Sweden - Cat. C: 10.9. 2016

Norway - from 11.9.2016: 2018 on expiry date of licence