LGV Class 1 my journey (update 08/11/22) 9th post

Hi

Im new here.
Is there anyone here with rheumatic health conditions applied for a HGV provisional and had any problems at the medical stage?

What i will say it does not affect my driving, i have a PCV licence. It affects other daily living issues- walking long distances, standing long periods. I also take medication to control the disease i have.

I have a been a bus driver for over 17 years with the same company, i have had a few medicals when off long term sick to make sure iam fit for the job. The drs who have carried out the medicals have never raised any concerns aswith the rheumatology clinic who deals with me.

Any advice would be helpful TIA

As the PCV D4 medical is the same as the LGV D4 medical then I do not see any issues

When is you next PCV D4 medical due :question:

Cheers for the reply.

Im not due a medical until 2029.

I spoke to my shop steward this morning as he had delt with guys who have had licences suspended due to medical issues. Iv been honest with my employer about my health and had medicals due to sick leave he told me if there were any question over my driving ability there medical team would have taken me off driving and reported it to the DVLA.

Maybe i am just over thinking things.

Cheers again

Doing D4 LGV medical will put both medicals together with the same expiry date

Thanks for the info.

I have my medical tuesday coming.

I have started studying for the theory, i have read “the official dvsa guide to driving goods vehicles”

I have bought the “LGV test” on the google play app.

What other books, apps/software do people think would help?

I got the most recent highway code.

Thanks again

Newtothis:
Thanks for the info.

I have my medical tuesday coming.

I have started studying for the theory, i have read “the official dvsa guide to driving goods vehicles”

I have bought the “LGV test” on the google play app.

What other books, apps/software do people think would help?

I got the most recent highway code.

Thanks again

I used Driving Theory 4 All for mine mate. Theory, Hazard Perception and CPC Case Studies. This was provided by my Training School and it helped me absolutely no end. I’m not sure on prices, but check them out if you can! :smiley:

I used the complete CPC Case study App

totally daunting at first as there are so many case studies!, but after doing my CPC2, it stood me in great grounds to get 98%.

I also got Theory Test LGV, which was ‘ok’

I also bought the hard copy book, and the ‘truckers handbook’

annnd just to finish it off, i rented the Hazard awareness thingy off the gov. website, which was definitely the best for the hazard awareness.

After worrying about my health condition affecting my application it is with the medical department.
I called today to ask if there were any problems they told me it is with medical dep. I asked why. To be told my vision has a correction. New to me. The dr who done the medical said i was 20/20, had an eye exam last year was told i had 20/20 vision no issues, i dont wear glasses.
Tried explaining i have no sight issues or wear glasses, to be told i filled and sent in the form.

Any advice anyone?

Hi

Didnt want to create new threads.

Having done my mod 1a + 1b and mod 2 over the last 2 weeks i found myself a training company. They took my out for a driving assesment to judge how many days training I may need. He has judged 5 with test on 5th day. Iam coming from a bus driving back ground almost 18 years.

What tips can instructors/experienced people give. He threw me in at the deep end which i dont mind, no demo drive, just in you get son remember your 3 points of contact LOL. The unit i drove and will learn in is a full size unit, its getting the feel and the height i have to adjust too. My course starts 8th of Jan

I feel like a kid again at 38years old and so bloody excited and want this so much. New job new chapter for me and the family. I drive and have driven for the same large nation wide bus company since i was 20 and i bloody hate it - the company the bosses the public.

Thanks for having a read.

Newtothis:
. I drive and have driven for the same large nation wide bus company since i was 20 and i bloody hate it - the company the bosses the public.

Thanks for having a read.

It would be remiss not to point this out now , rather than after you have gone to all the expense and effort, but have you considered coaches instead of buses?

r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic? … source=app

5 week update

Our resident tramper has gotten a few of us jealous about how green the grass is on the coaches side of the fence.