LGV Cat C Day 3

well it was my 3rd day today. It god a lot more stressful today aswell as we started to hit all of the major roundabouts in peterborough, i really found it difficult today finding that my only real problems were having patience at roundabouts and finding a big enough gap to get into. I dont want to sound too modest but i have no real problems excecpt for sometimes i do need to keep my speed down when near parked cars etc and on some blind corners. Also just need to iron out a few minor things like road positioning when entering very tight lanes on a right hand turn on roundabouts etc. Nothing too seruous, emergency stop is fine now, reverse no problem, gear change excersice no problem…its all about busy busy busy roundabouts…but tomorrow instructor is gonna hammer it into me…its all about patience and timing. Mock test 2mr After our breakfast stop for a bacon roll…then ill let you know if i passed or failed the mock test…whatever way im not too worried as any mistakes on the mock ill know not to do again!! im really nervouse but reallh enjoying every minute…is that normal? hahaha

Hi malone,

On my first lesson I was on a roundabout
in Rotherham and stalled twice as It was
busy and cars just kept coming and I did
not want to hold up people behind so I rushed
and got in wrong gear. I have learned not to
let anyone rush me on roundabouts now and
keep calm and get out when there is a safe gap
for the truck. my point being if you rush it can take you longer
by stalling and missing available gaps on roundabouts
or worse by miss judging available space and pulling out
on someone. Your training sounds like its going well and I
look forward to reading how mock test goes.

Good luck :smiley:

emergency stop is fine now,

hopefully you’ll not need this to much when you pass your test,just take ur time and good luck :wink: :wink: