LEZ and my old trucks

I’ve cocked up and taken on a job inside the LEZ that needs my hiab unit - and the hiab unit is no longer compliant with the LEZ since 3rd January 2012. No idea what I was thinking but there ya go.

if I pay the £200 - I’ve possibly just broken even. If I don’t pay it and I get the full fine - I’ve made quite a loss :smiley:

my question - I have heard that if it is the first time that particular vehicle has entered the LEZ since the changes - and I haven’t paid the fee - they will simply send me a letter saying Oi! Don’t do that again or you get fined.

I know this was the case last year but I don’t know if this is the case now.

Has anyone any experience on this? I obviously don’t want to pay the £200 and like the sound of only getting a letter.

Cheers Guys
Pete

£200 sounds better than a £500*/£1000 Penalty Charge, which is better than a £5,000 piece of metal.

*If paid within 14 days.

Stupid scam…

I had one last year that went in to the congestion zone and they sent a warning letter saying that they were letting people off for the 1st offence, but that next time would be a fine, etc, blah blah.

Don’t know if this is the same with LEZ, but it’s the same administrator.

from what i here from others you get a warning for 1st time and a letter giving you 28 days to sort it if you come in again,strangley my LEC Certificate issued in August expires on the last day of january 2012 altho the lorry isnt compliant as of 3rd jan which leads me to think you do get 28days,also if you have a confirmed order for a system and not had it fitted you get an exemption untill its fitted.

shep532:
I’ve cocked up and taken on a job inside the LEZ that needs my hiab unit - and the hiab unit is no longer compliant with the LEZ since 3rd January 2012. No idea what I was thinking but there ya go.

if I pay the £200 - I’ve possibly just broken even. If I don’t pay it and I get the full fine - I’ve made quite a loss :smiley:

Can you not sub it out to someone who is compliant? or don’t do the job… cant see the point if you are only goin to break even…

Thanks for the replies guys.

It was one of those daren’t let the customer down jobs and a booking I took whilst on the way out of the door to go home last night - it was a “yeah no problem mate” moment.

All came out right in the end (luckily) managed to find a subbie who would load one of my other units that was already down there and compliant. So I got to do the job as a return load rather than back empty and didn’t have to drive my hiab unit down there in the first place.

So after paying the subbie - I actually made more than i thought I would in the first place :smiley:

I also found a few online articles suggesting that as from 3rd Jan there is no leniancy - if you can prove you have ordered but not received a filter - you get let off. Otherwise pay the fine

Looks like the company next door will be getting a fine. One of theirs wandered into the LEZ ‘by mistake’ on Monday. Driver said it was dark and he didn’t see any signs. he was only 40+ miles away from where he should have been :wink: Anyway - they chose not to pay the £200 thinking they’ll get a warning.

I guess we’ll find out eh?

Keep us informed on your neighbours plight.

Top class result getting more out of it than at first thought…

fly sheet:
Keep us informed on your neighbours plight.

Top class result getting more out of it than at first thought…

Oh that’ll be interesting allright - they’ve had a second one take a shortcut right through the LEZ and they didn’t pay up again

Problem is on 3rd Jan 80% of their fleet became non compliant - so everyone keeps forgetting!

I’ll let you know if they get fined

well today i got a letter telling me my non compliant vehicle was seen in the lez,it goes onto to tell me all about the lez and pcns and daily charges etc but then says for a 28 day period from date of letter 10 jan 2012 TFL will not issue a PCN however we urge you to make your vehicle compliant as soon as possible to avoid a pcn being issued after this 28 day period. So i would say you have nothing to fear from Boris for atleast the 1st 28 day period.

dbcooper:
well today i got a letter telling me my non compliant vehicle was seen in the lez,it goes onto to tell me all about the lez and pcns and daily charges etc but then says for a 28 day period from date of letter 10 jan 2012 TFL will not issue a PCN however we urge you to make your vehicle compliant as soon as possible to avoid a pcn being issued after this 28 day period. So i would say you have nothing to fear from Boris for atleast the 1st 28 day period.

SNAP! The company next door got the same letter for one of the vehicles but not the other. I am guessing either vehicle 1 wasn’t spotted - or it’s taking longer becasue they are processing a PCN :open_mouth:

So it seesm there is a little bit of grace afterall.

Pete

Had the same letter first time mine went in but was a few years back. Didn’t get fined. Changed vehicle since but transferred cherished plate, wont run risk again. Run removal co so I ad £200 on top.