leyland reiver

can anyone tell me the mpg loaded and unloaded that a Leyland reiver did

tippertom:

L A D or Ergo or cab :smiley:

sticks in my head that a G cab w reg tipper wi 17tons on was 10+mpg. it will probably come intae my head later :unamused: sorry couldny be any more help.
jimmy.

Lance Biscomb:

tippertom:

I think but could be wrong that the Reiver was in G cab form only but …

ramone:

Lance Biscomb:

tippertom:

Leyland Reiver’s were G cabbed mid 1970’s onwards. Albion Reiver’s were LAD cabbed from 1959 until the mid 60’s. The Ergo cab came out mid 60’s.
Albion were still putting the LAD cab on Clydesdale’s until about 1972.
Cheers Dave.

Dave the Renegade:

ramone:

Lance Biscomb:

tippertom:

Leyland Reiver’s were G cabbed mid 1970’s onwards. Albion Reiver’s were LAD cabbed from 1959 until the mid 60’s. The Ergo cab came out mid 60’s.
Cheers Dave.

Wish I had some LAD cabs last one sold at action was £12,000 plus

Dave the Renegade:

ramone:

Lance Biscomb:

tippertom:

Cheers Dave.

Very scarce I would think theses days.

Oh, horrible memories of all those pins and bushes in the rear bogie. Only thing worse was the Leyland Retriever which had the whole lot inside the chassis.

I was a second mate on Albion… Reivers one was ex Munros of Aberdeen ( PRG 980 ) so it had done a lifetimes work when we got it, Leyland 375 Eng ,22ft flat ,trailing axle ( that bounced all over the road when braking empty ) 366LTC same spec , and the BIG moter was DTB 960 B Leyland 400 eng , 24 !!! ft flat , Double drive . These moters ran on trunk carrying 16ton plus ( mostly fruit one way and whisky back ) day in day out and gave very little trouble ( apart from broken springs ) . We always reckoned the 375 Engine was better than the 400 and 366 would do 60mph plus when wound up ( stopping it was another matter !!! ). Some time later a local farmer got what was the first in our neck of the woods a Ergo cab Reiver with a 27!!!ft flat , 6speed box with Splitter ( main box with a short gear lever along side ) and local hauliers went to look at this enormous moter , some coming back muttering that the chassis would crack it being to long ( the fact that if a load wasnt the height of a double decker bus and no space was ever left unused meaning youd end up with 19 ton on it had of course nothing to do with it !!! )

Once had a 6 wheel one,did anything from 9-12 m.p.g.Bullet proof motors very little trouble. jack preston. :slight_smile:

As a twenty-one year old newbie, I grabbed every chance I could to get in the Reiver, even if it meant lugging twelve tons of flour up the granary steps! It was bought second-hand (most unusual) from Wiltshire and was new in 1961 with LAD cab, 350 Leyland, 6-speed Albion box and double drive rear end. And a heater!

I bought this one off Malcom Harrison Ltd It was only 2 years old It was owned by Ivan Scragg from Cheadle Uttoxeter, 17,300 plus payload 10 speed splitter box Did very well for us , Earned its keep on local & long distance work, Not the best of pullers on the hills but it was trouble free and good on fuel, Regards Larry.

Part with £3700 and find out!

carandclassic.co.uk/car/C477799

Used to be a 2 year waiting list for a new one

TROOPER 8011:

We have just bought this reiver,fetching it in a couple of weeks.She is a little bit scabby nowerdays,but nowt that cant be put right.Hopefully she will be ready for showing toward the latter end of the rally season and sporting a nice new livery.