Leyland-DAF 45-150 engine?

I own a 1990 Leyland-DAF 45-150 Turbo - can anyone tell me which engine would have been fitted? I understand it could be a Leyland or a ■■■■■■■ unit? The truck is fitted with a horsebox body so access to the engine is very limited - are there any clues I could see from under the engine that would give it away? Also who might have made the transmission?

Many thanks.

Your local dealer should be able to tell you from reg.no. or chassis no. if it is original

They were updated and altered about 87-88 (D-E Reg) when the Daf name appeared, different front axle and changes to electrics but don’t know if the engine was swopped.

Does the floor in the Luton part of the body (the over cab bit) not lift out or hinge up allowing the cab to be jacked? Often do on horse box bodies.

No, the cab and luton are integrated into the rest of the body, meaning difficult access come service time!

I’ll continue to crawl around under it with a torch to ID the various components. Cheers.

Should be a little 6 litre ■■■■■■■■■■■■ at the plant in Darlington.

Are there 6 little aluminium pots on the top?

If so,then these are made by Norfran Aluminium in North Shields,as I used to collect them,and take them into the plant.

As for the Turbo,should be a small Holset unit from Huddersfield.

Ken.