Leyland 90 LWB 'Camion' - parts please...!

Hi I am new to this forum, and hope you can help.

We have been given a 1964 Leyland 90 LWB ‘Camion’ to service and repair and can’t find a source for parts. We need a service kit (filters) and front & rear brake drums (6 stud) as they have gone oval giving a pulsing brake sensation in time with wheel speed.

Have heard the Pyatt Brothers are the chaps to talk to, but can’t find any contact info on the web for them.

Would be grateful if someone can help or give suggestions.

Thank you
Shane

PM Trucknet member Punchy Dan, he gave me contact details a few years ago, but I must leave it as his decision whether to pass on what was contained in a private message.

Sticking my oar in here but I believe that the axles were the same as the ones used on the two ton BMC FGK’s (FGK 40 and later 420 FG) so perhaps the brakes are the same?

Pete.

I think the engine might have been a Standard Vanguard/Ferguson tractor type, if so plenty of Ferguson parts about.
Bernard

ccmv.aecsouthall.co.uk/p9891788 … #h156e5e6c

Says here that there were 250,000 engines in service, before the vehicle was launched.

The vehicle was made up from pretty much whatever was already available in the Leyland Group parts bins, although I read that the gearbox was a new design.

Pete.

As I thought, just confirmed from my Leyland Heritage book and other sources that the “Leyland Two-Tonner” as it was originally known was an inherited Standard-Triumph design with the Leyland OE138 and later OE160 engine built by Standard Motor Co. Changed it’s model name to Leyland 90 with the engine upgrade. I believe the 138 engine was also used in the largest Standard Atlas AKA Leyland 20.
Bernard

cav551:
PM Trucknet member Punchy Dan, he gave me contact details a few years ago, but I must leave it as his decision whether to pass on what was contained in a private message.

Sorted :wink: