Letter of Intended prosecution

I take it you have been on pepipoo.com for some proper advice already!

moomooland:

Woodpecker1:
The only way you can see the photo is by going to court which then excludes you from attending a speed awareness course

Utterly and totally wrong advice!.

In Greater Manchester you can request a photograph and get a link to view the picture on line on the GMP website before you admit or deny the offence.

+1

Also, better to request a photo giving the reason as… ‘to help identify the driver

moomooland:

Woodpecker1:
The only way you can see the photo is by going to court which then excludes you from attending a speed awareness course

In Greater Manchester you can request a photograph and get a link to view the picture on line on the GMP website before you admit or deny the offence.

It’s not wrong advice, it’s dependent on the force in question, why they can’t have a set way of doing things for each force is beyond me but that’s the way it is.

My missus got caught doing 42 in a 30 and was offered an awareness course, i was convinced she would get points but she didn’t

nickyboy:

moomooland:

Woodpecker1:

It’s not wrong advice, it’s dependent on the force in question, why they can’t have a set way of doing things for each force is beyond me but that’s the way it is.

My missus got caught doing 42 in a 30 and was offered an awareness course, i was convinced she would get points but she didn’t

According to the letter from thames valley police if you want photo evidence and the location of the mobile camera this will be given only at a court,which then excludes you from any awareness course,so the choice is pay £100 and loose a days pay and do the course or risk the chance of a bigger fine still loose a days pay and end up with points on my licence,either way ime ■■■■■■■■■■ I believe in getting even and every dog will have it’s day ime in no rush.

Woodpecker1:
ime in no rush.

Its all in the NLP they use on you, see its working already .

Mike-C:

Woodpecker1:
ime in no rush.

Its all in the NLP they use on you, see its working already .

Haha made me laugh

I don’t know the road, so not teaching granny to ■■■■ eggs an all, is it defo a dual carriageway and not a 2 lanes in the same direction single carriageway?

Woodpecker1:

nickyboy:

moomooland:

Woodpecker1:

According to the letter from thames valley police if you want photo evidence and the location of the mobile camera this will be given only at a court,which then excludes you from any awareness course,so the choice is pay £100 and loose a days pay and do the course or risk the chance of a bigger fine still loose a days pay and end up with points on my licence,either way ime [zb].but I believe in getting even and every dog will have it’s day ime in no rush.

That is the reason why you shouldn’t request a photo for EVIDENCE reasons, which will be refused. Instead, you request a photo “TO ASSIST IN IDENTIFYING THE DRIVER” which usually results in them sending you the photo.

Whatever else you do, be sure you send the NIP back in time. 28 days I think from memory.

Winseer:
Isn’t there a certain leeway to allow for inaccuracies in the camera measuring of the speed?

If it’s “20%” then at 15% over the speed limit, there might not be a case to answer.

I’d say it’s important to find out at least if a mobile camera or static old truvelo type camera that’s snapped you here…
The older cameras have been known to snap morrisons wagons going up detling hill approaching Jade’s crossing “doing 74mph”… :open_mouth:
I don’t have much confidence in these older “in your face” cameras - put it that way…
I believe they only flash “once” for a start - how do you measure someone’s speed with a single photo, and without that “ruler” painted on the road surface with a static camera FFS… :unamused:

I would be prepared to stake a tenner on the fact that the Morrison’s lorry was in L1 and a speeding car was in L2 and triggered the piezo loop.

The Truvelo’s are very accurate, they work on the speed from the embedded sensors and if it is over the set speed, then it flashes. If the vehicle has it’s wheels over the first line or further then it is speeding. Simples.

The Gatso’s are done by radar and they can be distorted by many things (One being either fibre glass or carbon fibre.)

alphonsohall:
That is the reason why you shouldn’t request a photo for EVIDENCE reasons, which will be refused. Instead, you request a photo “TO ASSIST IN IDENTIFYING THE DRIVER” which usually results in them sending you the photo.

Spot on, if you ask for evidence, they’ll happily present that, in court.

All you’re asking them for is a photo and location to help identify the driver, without which you can’t admit or deny any allegation.