Let the panic buying begin!

news.sky.com/story/1154389/grang … production

It won’t happen you Scots are too tight for that. :smiley:

i panic bought last week. £1.34 a ltr so filled me car up whilst visiting the inlaws!

bertiebus:
i panic bought last week. £1.34 a ltr so filled me car up whilst visiting the inlaws!

That’s expensive, in Basingstoke the most expensive petrol is £1.31 :laughing: :laughing:

That’s expensive, in Basingstoke the most expensive petrol is £1.31 :laughing: :laughing:
[/quote]
erm i drive A diesel car! was paying 1.41 on last fill up. :blush:

only drive A Derv car so i don’t end up putting wrong fuel in the car!

Grangemouth refines petrol not diesel,we should not be concerned.Most of our diesel comes in from Russia.
:smiley:

alamcculloch:
Grangemouth refines petrol not diesel,we should not be concerned.Most of our diesel comes in from Russia.
:smiley:

You don’t know much about the refining process, do you?? :unamused:

I know zilch nowt and nada about the refining process.My post was based on a report in the motoring section of well known "newspaper"It said to stop making petrol and start making diesel would require a complete rebuild of the site.I thought total velux but what do I know,refer to my first sentence.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Don’t believe everything you read in the papers matey, 18 years working in the place has armed me with the knowledge that they DO produce diesel (as well as Kero, Gas oil, aviation fuel & a whole raft of by-products.

Find the motoring journo that has mis-informed you & kick him hard in the testicles! :sunglasses:

Siansbury’s petrol station in East Kilbride had cars queueing on the road when I was going home earlier. Don’t know if it was people stocking up in anticipation of a strike or it was just a particularly busy period.

Them going on strike doesn’t seem like a good idea, they estimate the plant is losing £10million a month, and the owners actually want to shut the plant because of it, the unions want there members to come out shutting down production, costing the owners even more money, the owners want to change conditions to help keep the plant open, but the unions and workers think they know best.
Wouldn’t surprise me if that plant never restarts production if they go ahead!
Refineries in the UK are in over production, but can’t compete with Europe and the rest of the work on the price of the products, especially petrol!
According to the press! Not me!

weeto:
Them going on strike doesn’t seem like a good idea, they estimate the plant is losing £10million a month, and the owners actually want to shut the plant because of it, the unions want there members to come out shutting down production, costing the owners even more money, the owners want to change conditions to help keep the plant open, but the unions and workers think they know best.
Wouldn’t surprise me if that plant never restarts production if they go ahead!
Refineries in the UK are in over production, but can’t compete with Europe and the rest of the work on the price of the products, especially petrol!
According to the press! Not me!

The union bods wont lose their jobs though, its the lads who think they are being hard done to.
West Mids this morning no queues anywhere for fuel, petrol 128p a litre with derv at 135p.

Looks like it has been cancelled but…

Ineos are playing serious hardball. And it looks like the union have ■■■■ a brick. But even though the strike has been called off Ineos are saying the site is still closing till at least tuesday :confused: To teach them a lesson?

They have said the plant is “financially distressed” and losing 10 million pound a month and will close in 2017 without serious cost cutting.

Imagine grangemouth closing, would be unthinkable. Its a wonder when things get this serious the government don’t step in and crack some heads.

I don’t know much about politics, but if Scottish independence goes ahead, can Scotland afford to loose Grangemouth?