Let the fun begin

Well thats it,im on the road to becoming a proper driver now.
Just got home from doing my class 1 assessment, went really well i think,had to start by reversing round a corner with kerbs on either side,done this first time with no shunt,then out on the road i clipped the kerb at the first island.
The bloke who took me out owns the company and hes a really nice bloke witch is good cus it puts u at ease, but he did worry me slightly when he said for the first 10 kerbs its a cup of tea i owe him for each kerb,then anything over 10 its a breakfast,but the worrying one is if i hit 50 kerbs in the week then theres a tube of KY jelly in the glovebox :confused: :unamused: :open_mouth: :blush: well i did wonder why they had a training vehicle with a bunk in it :smiley:

Sounds like you had a great time :laughing: good luck with the training and try to carry on enjoying it, it will make it a lot easier. :wink:

Cheers LT, I will definelty enjoy it ( as long as dont hit the kerb 50 times ),
I dont normally let nerves get the better of me and im determined to pass first time to keep up my 100% first time pass rate,so fingers crossed it all goes to plan

gav:
Well thats it,im on the road to becoming a proper driver now.
Just got home from doing my class 1 assessment, went really well i think,had to start by reversing round a corner with kerbs on either side,done this first time with no shunt,then out on the road i clipped the kerb at the first island.
The bloke who took me out owns the company and hes a really nice bloke witch is good cus it puts u at ease, but he did worry me slightly when he said for the first 10 kerbs its a cup of tea i owe him for each kerb,then anything over 10 its a breakfast,but the worrying one is if i hit 50 kerbs in the week then theres a tube of KY jelly in the glovebox :confused: :unamused: :open_mouth: :blush: well i did wonder why they had a training vehicle with a bunk in it :smiley:

Well done, sounds like the type of bloke who understands that you’re new and will be nervous, so tries and helps with a bit of humour, although he might be serious :open_mouth: be worried about him asking you into the office late at night. :laughing:

P.S. What do you owe him so far, tea? Breakfast? or don’t you want to talk about it. :laughing:

:blush: id rather not talk about it thanks muckles not before ive been and scrubbed with some bleach :smiley:
So far i owe him a cup of tea for the 1 kerb clipped

glad your assesment went fine ,im sure you will do well ,if you are worrying about hitting the kerb more than 50 times put bromide in the tea…or when you go for your lessons ,just say before you get in the driving seat ,well thats that taken care of my test results come back from the hospital soon think i might be in the clear of std he will keep his distance then lol

Good luck with the training - let us know how you get on … !

sounds like you had good bloke there gav.

good luck with training and hope you keep that 100%

jon

Good luck with the training.

Glad your assessment went well and
good luck with the rest of your class 1
training :smiley: .

:smiley: Nice one gav!!! Hope you pass first time!!! Can’t wait to start my training!!!

:smiley: is his name Buck by any chance?? lol !!! (Kill bill reference :stuck_out_tongue:)

good look with the training gav
keep away from the kerb ive heard a rear end
shunt can be painfull :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink:

Good luck Gav and keep us informed… :wink:

Thanks everyone for your kind words, ill be finding out monday when my weeks course is,also has anyone got any info on the synnerton test centre as thats where ill be taking my test, took my class 2 there about 4 years ago just wondered if anything has changed

hope you dont get that coach driving [zb] i had . failed me first time for following to close to the vehicle in front on the m6 between jnc 10 and 10a at [zb] dinnertime. if i’d have backed off every time some moron cut in front i’d have been in castle brom :open_mouth: .

don’t forget the test route with the 7.5 ton weight limit in front of you ,he might not say turn (i think it’s left) cause if you shoot straight on you fail . also remeber theres one route that takes you up to a junction with a stop sign on it. stop and aplly the hand brake. do not just go up to it have a look and go if its clear physically stop.

might see you out and about gav i run that route to the brewery in wolves,so im regular up to the truckstop where you’ll be doing most of your reversing practise (and drinking bucket loads of tea and coffee.

whos the firm you going with :question: i wil keep a eye out for you :smiley:

jon

Cheers for info about the 7.5t limit jonboy,its one of them situations that would catch alot of people out i would of thought or suddenly fill them full of panic witch is the last thing I want.
Im going with British HGV Training from Hednesford, they run 2 DAF 85 with tandem axle flatbeds,ones signwritten then other one isnt

jonboy:
… the test route with the 7.5 ton weight limit in front of you ,he might not say turn…

AFAIK there a few of these types of situations at all test centres.

gav:
Thanks everyone for your kind words, ill be finding out monday when my weeks course is,also has anyone got any info on the synnerton test centre as thats where ill be taking my test, took my class 2 there about 4 years ago just wondered if anything has changed

Gav, take a look at a thread called LGV Test Routes. There’s a link to Test Centre Routes, including the two used by Swynnerton Centre. You can download these, print em off, and tootle around in your car for a look…
Try this one , it should take you straight there…

http://www.dsa.gov.uk/DTCInfo.asp?id=2388&Cat=47&ShowRoute=0

Hope it helps

Kate

Well i have a date ladies and gentlemen, hopefully this time next month ill be part way to being a proper trucker, starting my lessons 21st Feb test on 25th, the 25th is on a Saturday which im thinking might be good if its early as the roads will be nice and clear,but if its after 10am im gonna start getting little miss daisey out doing the weekly shop.
Not sure weather im really excited now or if im bricking it.
One again thanks for all the kind words and surport and I really hope I can come back with a happy tale :smiley:

Don’t worry about the later test if you get that - if you can hit a bit of congestion then more the better, can’t hit any kerbs when you are not moving. Miss Daisy is also easier to avoid than the pre-9am boy racers heading to their Saturday jobs… …