Lessons in the north east

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone had completed their cat C training in the north east?

I am looking for recommendations to do the practical lessons and have been looking at Tyne and Wear lgv. Has anyone used them before?

I have already competed the theory tests (mod 1 and 2) and was hoping to go to Peter Smythe for the practical training but i can’t get a full week off work anytime soon which I would need with living so far away. So it looks like I will need to use a local company so I can fit the training round my shifts at work.

If anyone can recommend somewhere near to Sunderland it would be a big help. Thanks.

Have you checked out the link in my signature below :question:

hoping to go to Peter Smythe for the practical training but i can’t get a full week off work anytime soon which I would need with living so far away.

No need for a week off! Many of our residential candidates choose the weekend option. For this you travel Friday evening and check in to the hotel (all paid for on your behalf and at no additional cost). You then train all day Saturday and all day Sunday with test Monday (normally am). That way, most folks only need to take the Monday off work. I can even guarantee a Mod 4 test on the Monday am as we have two Mod 4 examiners on staff. … and remember that, with the Christmas Offer, that’s free of charge!

Everything says that this course should be difficult, too much to take in, too stressful, fried brain etc. But the factual statistics show that this course has a higher pass rate than the normal courses! I prefer facts to presumptions.

All you have to do to get a weekend is to ask for it. It’s perfectly normal and some of our training team are scheduled to work a weekend periodically. No extra cost.

And, at the moment, you might even win the course in our Prize Draw. All you do is to call and register with £200 deposit. Your name goes in the draw with other Trucknet users registering this month. Christmas Eve, the draw will take place and someone will get a VERY happy Christmas! No more to pay for the course.

Some folks are being really smart and paying deposits on both C and CE, thus doubling their entries in the Prize Draw.

Hope all this makes sense and might be useful.

Just shout if I can help further.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Hi pete. Thanks for the reply and info. I didn’t realise you did a weekend course - that’s something I would be very interested in doing. I will try and call your office in the next few days!

Thanks again.

Adam

That’s great Adam. We’ve even got someone who speaks your language! Phone is 01623 555661. Office open 0730 - 1800.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I would avoid Tyne & Wear as you may end up with 6 different trainers in the same week also split week ie Thursday & Friday then Wednesday - Friday the next

TTS at kinston Park not to bad also Chartwise on Team Valley do some lessons also used towards your cpc hours

I called Peter Smythes yesterday and spoke to a very helpful person. Deposit now paid and heading down in February to do the lessons.

Thanks for that. Anything I can help with in the meantime, dont hesitate to contact me or the office.

All the best with your training and test, Pete :laughing: :laughing: