Lesson Learnt

Arrived at Blackburn with Darwen services for a quick break. Drove in thinking it looked pleasant, better than some I’ve been in. Saw a nice easy ■■■■■■■■■■■■ next to a bulk tipper, sorted. Parks up and gets me lunch out and pours a coffee. 5 minutes later my fridge kicks in. I think nothing of it although it is sending vibrations pulsating through the cab, I’m used to it so think nothing of it. 10 minutes later I’m greated by banging on my window and shouts of, “turn your [zb] fridge off to$$er I’m trying to get some sleep!!” [zb] to$$er!!"

It seems our bulk tipping friend was most displeased at bein woken up from what must of been a most awesome slumber, judging by the vein pumping at the side of his temple :smiley: The kind chap even turned my fridge off for me. Was only chilled so I wasn’t too bothered. I put my hand up to apologise, chuckled to myself and carried on with my lunch.

I normally turn it off if I can, slipped my mind this time though.

Oh well, lesson learnt, I don’t mind admitting if I’m at fault, fair enough I was parked right next to him with the fridge level with his cab (yes there were plenty of other empty spaces lol), I just looked for the easiest space to get in to and thought nothing of the fridge, although the tipper driver could of just asked nicely, I guess that’s “tipper drivers” for you :smiley:

You are allowed to say ■■■■■■ no need to try and dodge the autocensor :wink: …Colingl

A rather obnoxious chap (substitute chap for any four letter word beginning with a C of your choice)

One day, with a bit of luck, he’ll do that to someone who doesn’t take kindly to that kind of thing and end up on his arse.

Those type of blokes are usually angry all day long, the normal cause of this anger is that they hate themselves and they feel inadequate, this usually stems from being ■■■■ scared of their wife and being bullied by her when they’re at home.

Pointing this out to them seems, in my experience, to escalate things to the point of near spontaneous combustion, especially if you remain calm and chuckle as you say it :laughing:

No if’s about it NMM. The tool would be on his arse, except I don’t want the Police round my house and every company refusing to employ me as a result of violent conduct. That would be just terrible, my life would be even more ■■■■ up. :open_mouth:

Haha I might try that if it ever happened again. I did think on the way out of giving the engine a good rev “to build up air pressure” and maybe give him a friendly toot of the horn but it wouldn’t of been fair to the other truckers parked near.

I was a bit shocked at first if I’m honest that someone could get so worked up over a fridge, but you live and learn. I didn’t even think to see who the haulier was so that I could show him my fridge again if ever our paths crossed in the future.

You was going to give him a beep as you left? Rev your engine up a bit to ■■■■ him off? Why do it as you were leaving…because you didn’t have the balls to do it when sat there! Classic example of spineless driver, well done.

You pull a fridge …Everyone Hates You …Simple !

Fact of life, its just like the smelly kid at school that No one wanted to be near, You are an outcast !
Sensible drivers pull a tanker…No pallet trucks to ■■■■ about with, no stupid ratchet straps, no roping and sheeting and no ■■■■■■■ about in the rain with curtains at multidrops.

Fridge noise puts me to sleep.

Passing wagons rock me to sleep.

A honking horn (both types) wakes me up.

Tarrman:
Arrived at Blackburn with Darwen services for a quick break. Drove in thinking it looked pleasant, better than some I’ve been in. Saw a nice easy ■■■■■■■■■■■■ next to a bulk tipper, sorted. Parks up and gets me lunch out and pours a coffee. 5 minutes later my fridge kicks in. I think nothing of it although it is sending vibrations pulsating through the cab, I’m used to it so think nothing of it. 10 minutes later I’m greated by banging on my window and shouts of, “turn your [zb] fridge off to$$er I’m trying to get some sleep!!” [zb] to$$er!!"

It seems our bulk tipping friend was most displeased at bein woken up from what must of been a most awesome slumber, judging by the vein pumping at the side of his temple :smiley: The kind chap even turned my fridge off for me. Was only chilled so I wasn’t too bothered. I put my hand up to apologise, chuckled to myself and carried on with my lunch.

Oh well, lesson learnt, I don’t mind admitting if I’m at fault, fair enough I was parked right next to him with the fridge level with his cab (yes there were plenty of other empty spaces lol), I just looked for the easiest space to get in to and thought nothing of the fridge, although the tipper driver could of just asked nicely, I guess that’s “tipper drivers” for you :smiley:

Did this gentleman have a scouse accent perchance? :smiley:

3 wheeler:

Fact of life, its just like the smelly kid at school that No one wanted to be near, You are an outcast !
Sensible drivers pull a tanker…No pallet trucks to ■■■■ about with, no stupid ratchet straps, no roping and sheeting and no ■■■■■■■ about in the rain with curtains at multidrops.

You pull a fridge - everyone hates you.
You drive something big and red - everyone hates you.
Orange and white - everyone hates you.
Tipper - Everyone hates you.
Agency - Everyone hates you.
Stobarts - There’s no one else left to hate you.

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Is it possible to hold and work with a HGV licence and be loved? :cry: :cry:

Well, what time was this at? If it was 2 in the morning… If it was after the 6am then…

Pulled into Easington Services A19 North one morning about 04.30 . There was one container truck in the truck park , so I parked on the access/thru road about two truck lengths to its rear so as not to disturb, far enough away I thought. I just wanted a quick cuppa , 10 mins then be on my way so left the fridge on stop start . As I’m about to pull out a bloke comes over “I’ve paid £15 to park here and you F.C. park that here ,you don’t give a S do you ?”. He carried on swearing so I just agreed with everything he said ,yes I’m a F.C. and a S. and no I’m not bothered , because I agreed he huffed and puffed then walked back to his truck. I would’ve apologized but didn’t get a chance. Just where he wanted me to park I don’t know N/S lane of the A19 I think. Yes I can turn the fridge off but with a load of frozen who gets the roasting if it fails to restart , especially at this time of year. Sometimes you cant win.

3 wheeler:

Just standing around in the ■■■■■■■ rain connecting hoses.

Winseer:

3 wheeler:

You pull a fridge - everyone hates you.
You drive something big and red - everyone hates you.
Orange and white - everyone hates you.
Tipper - Everyone hates you.
Agency - Everyone hates you.
Stobarts - There’s no one else left to hate you.

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Is it possible to hold and work with a HGV licence and be loved? :cry: :cry:

And you left off Tescos too…

And you ■■■■■■ him off big time, its the joys of pulling a fridge i suppose…but then again, HGV drivers are not allowed to sleep, they must remain alert at all times. :laughing:

summerley82:
You was going to give him a beep as you left? Rev your engine up a bit to ■■■■ him off? Why do it as you were leaving…because you didn’t have the balls to do it when sat there! Classic example of spineless driver, well done.

It’s a bit like knock-a-door-run when you were a kid, you’re not gonna stand there when they open the door and keep knocking :smiley:

Silver_Surfer:
Well, what time was this at? If it was 2 in the morning… If it was after the 6am then…

Was about 1am in the morning.

Winseer:

Tarrman:
Arrived at Blackburn with Darwen services for a quick break. Drove in thinking it looked pleasant, better than some I’ve been in. Saw a nice easy ■■■■■■■■■■■■ next to a bulk tipper, sorted. Parks up and gets me lunch out and pours a coffee. 5 minutes later my fridge kicks in. I think nothing of it although it is sending vibrations pulsating through the cab, I’m used to it so think nothing of it. 10 minutes later I’m greated by banging on my window and shouts of, “turn your f*#%ing fridge off to$$er I’m trying to get some sleep!!” “F$*%ing to$$er!!”

Did this gentleman have a scouse accent perchance? :smiley:

Don’t know where he was from, all I got was angry blasphemy :grimacing:

Well to be fair tar man, I’d of switched it off when I got there if it was that time so can understand why he got the hump.

Not worth getting out the sack though, just wham the ear plugs in and be passive aggressive with a muttered chunt, that’s how I roll…

People moaning about fridge trucks would probably moan even more about food poisoning.

Fridges are there for a reason…to stop people getting food poisoning.

You can’t sleep when you are being sick.

I’d normally switch it off aswell, I’m only ever parked up for half hour at a time so at most even if it were frozen it would be fine until I got on my way. Slipped my mind though.