Lesson learned today

Enjoyed every minute of my second days training in Peter smythes big red Arctic.
But waiting at a small roundabout in town with a constant stream of traffic I was concentrating on looking for my opportunity to go. My instructor told me a small lad had begun to cross right in front of the cab. I definitely would not have seen him if instructor had not told me.
So big lesson learned today. Mirrors mirrors mirrors.
Dan

That was the right place to learn that lesson and what training is for. I’m sure you will never forget it too! Good luck with the rest of your training and test.

Glad you’re enjoying your training and relieved you learned that lesson in a controlled environment.

Who is your instructor?

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

That’s just the reason i recently had a proximity (screen mirror) fitted to my old rigid, they where not standard on the old 4 series scania.
You can get a cheek glimpse of boobies to if you angle it correctly :blush:
I only realised how useful they where when driving one of our artic units (solo) to scania.

You say your mirror is angled to see ■■■’s Drift.

Is that how you saw me the other day?

eagerbeaver:

See, it works :laughing: :laughing:

eagerbeaver:

Yes that is how he saw you but I think there are more than him that see you as a ■■■ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Some people need to let it go, they should have a section on here called the primary school.

A good point YT. How’s things going pal?

Sound mate, after months of debating if I should change employer I did and love it, couldnt be happier! How’s you EB ■■ Hope all well your end

Yeah, all good mate, thanks! The Beaver has been larking about in low-loaders and chipliner’s.

Delivering roof trusses to new house building sites is certainly challenging.

eagerbeaver:
Yeah, all good mate, thanks! The Beaver has been larking about in low-loaders and chipliner’s.

Delivering roof trusses to new house building sites is certainly challenging.

Keeps you on your toes though buddy!!