Lesmhagow new truckstop .Aka Route 74

I’ve just had breakfast here and can recommend it ,it’s all new and very clean and well set out ,obviously iam not over nighting here but it’s worth trying ,the wifi can be picked up out side in the spaces nr the building .

Agreed , not overnighted there either but used the showers , excellent in its own room with washbasin etc ,
Good food tho I only had a brew and soup was very nice , nice staff too :wink:

Be careful when picking up wifeys in Central Scotland,you never know where they have been.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

alamcculloch:
Be careful when picking up wifeys in Central Scotland,you never know where they have been.

I’ve had most of them… :smiling_imp:

Mikey D:
Agreed , not overnighted there either but used the showers , excellent in its own room with washbasin etc ,
Good food tho I only had a brew and soup was very nice , nice staff too :wink:

Yes ,nice young staff .

Is it anywhere near where the old one use to be■■?

Thetaff2:

Across the road from old one

the land accross the road was never that big i thought to hold a large amount off lorries never mind buildings or did they get more land

nick172sport:
the land accross the road was never that big i thought to hold a large amount off lorries never mind buildings or did they get more land

They have a bit “above” Tesco’s for additional parking.

mjallby:

Thetaff2:

Across the road from old one

I loved the old one stopped there many a time, always had a spot at the front as I had to be away early the next day for a 06.00 Paisley tip.

Is the Crawford Arms Hotel still going where you got a 3 course meal for about a tenner and you could only get about 8-10 trucks parked on the bit of land across the road? Only stopped there once about 8 year ago but the grub was lovely.

I don’t mind the Crawford arms ,it’s better than that awful cafe further up ,the free car park just after is better .

Dan Punchard:
I don’t mind the Crawford arms ,it’s better than that awful cafe further up ,the free car park just after is better .

Is the one up the road the Heathergyll(spolling).?
Went in there about 10 years ago and i think it was owned by an ex driver.

Stopped at Lesmahagow a few weeks ago, and saying as I had started at Hamilton that morning and then done Elgin, Inverness and Dingwall, I decide to treat myself to their 8oz steak with all the trimmings and a bottle of cider. Even after the voucher off it came to a shade over £12, but was bloody worth it.

Ken.

I had table service from Anna ,she was very efficient !

Now that does sound interesting. Might prefer that to the steak :wink:

Be careful when in the restaurant of route 74! I went in for a 30 min break and quick coffee…I got distracted by the staff ended up 3 coffee’s and a toastie an hour and a half later I forced myself to leave. :slight_smile:

Quinny:
Stopped at Lesmahagow a few weeks ago, and saying as I had started at Hamilton that morning and then done Elgin, Inverness and Dingwall, I decide to treat myself to their 8oz steak with all the trimmings and a bottle of cider. Even after the voucher off it came to a shade over £12, but was bloody worth it.

Ken.

OUCH!!

Why don’t they just include a FULL meal in the price? I like the boss buying my tea if I’m doing a night out.

To be honest Wayne, I don’t mind paying towards if it is going to be half decent, and I wasn’t disappointed.

Ken.