lesmahagow truck stop

lesmahagow truck stop has now shut down after years of crap food and poor service, pretty much describes hollies at cannock. however the loss of reasonably secure parking for truckers is now becoming a problem for drivers with high value loads, you have to park on ither motorway service stations (spit, gasp, crap, crap and even bigger crap over priced crap groan moan takin the mick) or in depots that your company owns, if you can get there. so whats happening to our truckstops, ill tell you what it is, the land is valuable and you can make a killing selling it and i hear that tesco have bought the land for trailer change overs ect, so with reduced parking should i park my truck on a layby on the side of the a1 with my back doors open showing my load of dynamite, err pop, or should i park on service station ( cough spit splutter) or one of my depots noise more noise no food, i know that i complain but we deserve so much better, we are the back bone of this country and frankly we will always be treated like a necessary evil, don’t get me wrong ive bin trucker for over 20 years and i love the road, some times i think are faces are just being shoved in it. anyway on a lighter note i got my certificate for 7 hours towards my cpc :confused:

is that the one on the 74?

At least you can sleep soundly in the layby or services without worrying about wheel clampers :stuck_out_tongue:

turn an burn:
is that the one on the 74?

thats the one that used to be on the a 74 :laughing:

Wheel Nut:
At least you can sleep soundly in the layby or services without worrying about wheel clampers :stuck_out_tongue:

you may have a point there. :wink:

jonnyenglishpants:
thats the one that used to be on the a 74 :laughing:

another gone, used to park there at least once a week :angry:

Yes indeed, truck stops of any quality are getting fewer and further between.

However, if the owner is coming up to retirement age and someone wants the land and makes
him an offer he can’t refuse he would be a fool to himself to turn it down.

There was a good one at Alveston nr. Bristol, which is now housing.
The Sunset at Penkridge which became a Kwik save.
A cafe at Pratts Bottom in Kent disappeared for housing.
The Sunnyside on the A229 Thanet Way suffered a similar fate.

But for me, you can stick your overnights up your arris.