Lesmahagow shut anothe good truck lost

was travelling up to grangemouth today was due a break so thought i pull of and grab a shower at lesmahagow truck stop and grab a bite to eat pulled off and get to the top of the junction there is a sign on the roundabout saying its shut also acroos the entrance is a few metal fench barriers plus a guy in a car.
ok heard about 12 months ago that tesco had applied to buy the site to turn it in to a store.but then read in one of the mags that this was not happening at all and it would be a few years before anything was going to happen to it.does anyone know whats happpened and whether it will open back up at all

Thers’s a few posts about in The Professional Drivers, have a look there.

yes the europa truckstop at lesmahagow is now closed for good, there will be a brand new tesco store in its place by the end of the year.

just what we need another tesco!

Is the OLD cafe still about on the old road south of Lesmahagow, Was it the Star or something? It had a pub nearby too, but great food in the cafe. Mind you, this was a good 20 years ago, 15 since I’ve last been there!

Regards,

Mark.

Tescos is now open, put a new compactor in their last month!

brookie:
Is the OLD cafe still about on the old road south of Lesmahagow, Was it the Star or something? It had a pub nearby too, but great food in the cafe. Mind you, this was a good 20 years ago, 15 since I’ve last been there!

Regards,

Mark.

Hi brookie,i remember the cafe well really good fresh home made grub,and the pub next door.I had many a good night there,however its 10yrs since i was there and i remember someone posting that it had shut meny yrs ago,another good un gone.
regards dave.

john-sussex:

Is there any room to park up or spend the night ? Is it open 24hrs ?

It says ERF not RAF:

john-sussex:

Is there any room to park up or spend the night ? Is it open 24hrs ?

Hi, unless you want to park in the Tesco car park then no, They have taken the whole area for the shop. That said the sites parking was a big area across the road, I have no idea if that remains open or if you could park a heavy in there…sorry.
As far as opening time go it was still very much a building site when i was there, but going on size i think it would be a close at 10 job. Have a look on the store finder i would think you could find out there.

The old lesmahgow truck stop the one on the old a74 dual carriage-way shut in the late 90s or early 2000 had a many a good night there, When you came out of the pub ■■■■■■ the road was a night mare to cross it was pitch black but at least you had a good nights kip