Les Francais

Was it me or could you easily distinguish where a truck came from in the 70/80s and not just by its registration.

Trucks then had character and were distinguished.For example you could always spot a French Truck by its amber lights ot its TRAILOR tilt, FRC Lamberet Fridge,Saviem or Berliet, those RTL stickers with the guy with the long tache, Max Marnier. They had the letter E on the drivers side and I remember them coming to Liverpool Fruit Market on hot summer days with the tilt open and their load of Cauliflower on show…
or An Italian truck with it 2 white stripes with Fiats and UNIC,Spain were Pegasos, Germany Mercs,

Anyhow heres some of Frances yesteryear and indeed ours

For thoses that did France or Travelled throught it in the 70s early 80 must remember this guy, stuck on every truck or trailer

Heres what I mean by the letter E on the side of the truck

Remember these ?

This appeared in the TRUCK magazine in the 70s, it was way ahead of its time, remember Bierliet sending me a full photo of it, sadly I cant find it and I wish I had kept those Truck Mags!! This even had a shower in it!!!

Great little walk down Memory Lane. :smiley:

the Renault r340 turboliner was a my first real truck loved it to bits and did not have too much trouble with it

Routier,

Great pics. I posted a thread that might be of interest, here:

http://trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=21478

I loved the f88 in the ditch pics. You can just imagine the blokes stood around, smoking their Gauloises, arguing about what Jean-Paul Sartre would have done to sort it out, before retiring to the nearest bar for a well earned Kronenbourg!! :laughing:

Great pics. I posted a thread that might be of interest, here

Dont know how I missed that thread, Yes I certainly remember the spread in the TRUCK magagzine and it was pinned to my wall in my bedroom!!! :smiley:

I recall writing to Renault for a project I was doing and they sent me a proper Glossy A4 photo of it!!! Sadly I cant find it,nor any of the Truck mags I used to get, I wish I had kept them now, would have been collectors items!!!