Leonard Green Transport

only one I remember with a brown Smock was Ronnie Gooseman ( third left bottom)but he was workshop manager,I’ll ask George Walker? (Jack Hanson or his son in law Des )

revman:

■■■■■■■■

revman:
or this one that Niel Hobson (Parkgate) had,another great Paul C Gee photo

Hi Alan, the one that Jake had was a P-Reg. How are you uploading your pictures,i’ve tried copy and paste doesn’t seem to work for me grrr.

Upload Attachment,choose from photo library,add upload then place in line

This is Alan’s Volvo after lot of searching

This Leyland Comet belonged to Fred Rodgers in the 60’s ,who’s garage we used to paint Alan’s Volvo in.

■■■■■■■■

revman:

■■■■■■■■

revman:
1or this one that Niel Hobson (Parkgate) had,another great Paul C Gee photo

Hi Alan, the one that Jake had was a P-Reg. How are you uploading your pictures,i’ve tried copy and paste doesn’t seem to work for me grrr.

Upload Attachment,choose from photo library,add upload then place in line

This is Alan’s Volvo after lot of searching

Wow that’s Brilliant can I share it to ABS page ?

Alan Stinson ( big Jake) 2014 R.I.P.

ABS Seddon Atkinson,with Boden trailer ex British steel Consett

ABS original livery,later livery with Dave Parkin R.I.P.

■■■■■■■■

This Leyland Comet belonged to Fred Rodgers in the 60’s ,who’s garage we used to paint Alan’s Volvo in.

Wheeler road on the headboard?

revman:

■■■■■■■■

He had a few artics working for Wheeler Rd on regular work,hence the name on the headboard. ABS Sedd Atki’s all came from Comberhill Commercials at Wakefield and painted at A&R Motors at Attercliffe.

S13.jpg

Another Senior’s classic loaded with Guest & Crimes valves, waiting at Liverpool Docks.

■■■■■■■■

revman:

■■■■■■■■

He had a few artics working for Wheeler Rd on regular work,hence the name on the headboard. ABS Sedd Atki’s all came from Comberhill Commercials at Wakefield and painted at A&R Motors at Attercliffe.

Another Senior’s classic loaded with Guest & Crimes valves, waiting at Liverpool Docks.

Hi again can I post your pic of Stinson F88 on Facebook ( are u on) Yorkshire transport page or shall I add u,regards alan

very few of Ernest Seniors pic about ( George Walker saw this )

another Peter Davies photo ES transport (ex Seniors) with J G Osborne Gin house lane Rotherham

revman:
0another Peter Davies photo ES transport (ex Seniors) with J G Osborne Gin house lane Rotherham

Hi Alan as regards, Alan’s F88 its not from my own collection i picked it up by chance from Classic Truck show, there’s know copyright stamp/sticker on it so it should be ok on facebook.
The Osborne Scammell above Seniors never owned it,Osborne’s yard on Gin house lane was rented off Senior at first before been bought. Osborne’s purchased O-Licences off senior hence E.S Transport on the headboard i believe.

■■■■■■■■

revman:
0another Peter Davies photo ES transport (ex Seniors) with J G Osborne Gin house lane Rotherham

Hi Alan as regards, Alan’s F88 its not from my own collection i picked it up by chance from Classic Truck show, there’s know copyright stamp/sticker on it so it should be ok on facebook.
The Osborne Scammell above Seniors never owned it,Osborne’s yard on Gin house lane was rented off Senior at first before been bought. Osborne’s purchased O-Licences off senior hence E.S Transport on the headboard i believe.

nice one cheers

great to meet up with an old Leonard Greens driver not seen for over Fifty years, Malcolm Webb remembers all the names, Ted Hansley Harry wood,Don Ward,Jim Turner,Jeff Riley,Brian Hardwick,Juddy Childs,Ralph Gretton,Harry Featherstone,Dave Parkin,Brian Makepeace,Ken Hadley,Pete Kitchen,etc photo a great Gary Brookfield creation also Gordon Puddicombe from the West Country

ERF 6739 WU fleet no84

IMG_5211.png

IMG_8449.jpg
IMG_8450.jpg
IMG_8451.jpgcelebrating 200 years of Parkgate iron & Steel Rotherham a stunning replica of one of two Scammell mu my dad Norman Graham drove thanks to Nigel butler

Hi can anyone remember Leonard Greens Transport Parkgate Rotherham & Smethwick Birmingham. would like to see any pictures you may have of them, I use to go every Saturday to Birmingham with My dad John Haynes Known as Jack when he worked there. Cheers Mel

coca cola kid:
Hi can anyone remember Leonard Greens Transport Parkgate Rotherham & Smethwick Birmingham. would like to see any pictures you may have of them, I use to go every Saturday to Birmingham with My dad John Haynes Known as Jack when he worked there. Cheers Mel

I remember Leonard Greens Mel and I’ve got a couple of pics somewhere,will post them when I find them.Didn’t they use Davis Brother’s yard on Rolfe Street Smethwick?

Chris

Hi Chris, Can’t remember that much about Smethwick, but lets hope were going to find out more, I have just come off the phone with Neil Hobson he was the guy who gave me a job the day i passed my HGV test at NSG Freighters at Parkgate just across the road from Leonard Greens, we are going to get together with some photos sort some out & post them. Neil & his Brother Steven have exported over 5,000 trucks to the caribbean over many years, will also get more info on Greens Cheers Mel