Leonard Green Transport

3260901F-441E-463D-8892-F60F7645767E.pngOne greens Mercedes being loaded onto a tramcar front Mercedes after an accident at A38 Derby photo thanks to Tim Cox

95A3BE3F-81C0-48EE-A27F-D4EEEB1C080D.jpeg Leonard Green Haulage Habbershon contract ERF Kv Gardner 6lx 150 with driver Lol Bell, 1961

F320FE2B-A76B-427F-9EC9-727FE0127E2C.jpeg Dave Parkin ( Divads) R.I.P.

Dennis Maxim at Kelvin Hall motor show 1967 ( mag photo

Lol Bell with Leonard Greens Habbershon contract ERF kindly sent by his daughter Maureen

[attachment=1]2956BCCD-680D-4DBF-882C-270B0E34F591.jpeg[/attachmen

Leonard Greens Dennis Maxim V8 Perkins with ■■■■■■■ nhe180 ERF on the Lunchbox cafe A61 Kilburn Derby 68/9

j

Big Alf Leadbeater stuck in the snow,Beatock with Leonards Greens Foden, GEC contract box van

Calendar thanks to Gary Brookfield

revman:
0alan ( jake Stinson)started up with this Seddon Atkinson after he left Len green,pictured with Brian makepeace

Hi, Alan’s 1st truck was a Guy Big J4t Powered by NH220 ■■■■■■■ which he bought from Ernest Senior with 3 months warranty.If my memory serves me right the Reg was NCR341M.Which Len Green purchased when Alan got is Volvo F88.The Guy i painted for him in Don Commercials garage on Sheffield Rd ,and also painted is 1st trailer a 33ft York with Diamond chassis.The Volvo F88 was painted in Fred Rodgers garage down Attercliffe next door to A T S Tyres and Truswells transport. Sadly i’ve no pictures of the Guy. The Sedd Aki in the picture is ex Beatson Clark with 240 Gardner 8LXB and was also driven by Dave Foulds then lastly Cliff Dickens/John McManus before been exported. Alan also had X-reg Leyland Buffalo which was an ex Ken Thomas motor.

D0E4E96F-1F0B-412B-B310-A51DEFE31AA6.jpegsaw it in a transport mag,great info never knew it was Seniors and Alan Stinsons

I wonder if Alan Stinson bought his F88 from Don Commercials

revman:
0 I wonder if Alan Stinson bought his F88 from Don Commercials

Hi Alan, thanks for the pictures. The Guy was painted in Chestnut brown and County cream with red chassis using Tekaloid paint purchased from Tom Bennet on Westgate who was the agent for it at the time. Cab was brush painted and the chassis sprayed and then sign written by Don White who did all Seniors Lorries and Alan’s write up to ABS been formed.
From what i can remember the Volvo was purchased through Don Commercials ,and belonged to a company in the Herries Rd area sheffield.

■■■■■■■■

revman:
I wonder if Alan Stinson bought his F88 from Don Commercials

Hi Alan, thanks for the pictures. The Guy was painted in Chestnut brown and County cream with red chassis using Tekaloid paint purchased from Tom Bennet on Westgate who was the agent for it at the time. Cab was brush painted and the chassis sprayed and then sign written by Don White who did all Seniors Lorries and Alan’s write up to ABS been formed.
From what i can remember the Volvo was purchased through Don Commercials ,and belonged to a company in the Herries Rd area sheffield.

was it this one A E Obrien off Herries rd (a Paul Gee photo)

or this one that Niel Hobson (Parkgate) had,another great Paul C Gee photo

revman:
0or this one that Niel Hobson (Parkgate) had,another great Paul C Gee photo

Hi Alan, the one that Jake had was a P-Reg. How are you uploading your pictures,i’ve tried copy and paste doesn’t seem to work for me grrr.

■■■■■■■■

revman:
0or this one that Niel Hobson (Parkgate) had,another great Paul C Gee photo

Hi Alan, the one that Jake had was a P-Reg. How are you uploading your pictures,i’ve tried copy and paste doesn’t seem to work for me grrr.

Upload Attachment,choose from photo library,add upload then place in line

South Yorkshire Transport museum open day Sunday 12/2/23 100 years of Parkgate

What was the name of the chap in the stores brown smock and smoked a pipe if I remember correctly. Didn’t need part numbers told him what you wanted and he wandered in the back and brought it out, right every time impressed me as a young apprentice.