Lenor Advert

This might well have been mentioned before but…

Does anybody else get annoyed about that Lenor advert?

You know the one, where that chick flicks the towel and the truck disappears.

Then the narrator gives the spiel ‘less trucks on the road’ blah blah ‘which is a breath of fresh air for everyone’ blah blah.

I go nuts every time I see it.

Not exactly a breath of fresh air for lorry drivers though is it?

Agree with you on that and everyone all over the world relies on trucks delivering goods. The advert also has one with a kiddies reading book which children will associate with. Ban the ad I say or get the children of truck drivers to write to the advertisers telling them to leave our truckers alone.

Calm down, it’s a commercial. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

It doesnt bother me personally.
I doubt it will actually have any real effect.

But if it offends you, why not write in to the regulatory body, it seems these days that if there is the slightest danger that someone might be offended by it then they pull the plug instantly.

In the new version of the advert they claim that because people are using the ‘new concentrated stuff’ they have already taken 15,000 lorry loads off British roads.

I know that’s just what they claim and that it is just an advert, but if that is true and other companies start doing the same, it will have an effect eventually.

It might not sound like much of a big deal to those of you who have been driving for years, but for someone like myself, who is only just finding his feet in the industry, it sounds quite worrying.

visit4info.com/preview-flash … adid=46936

Here is the advert that we are talking about.

There’s a slightly different one on now, much the same but claiming they have taken 15k lorry loads off the roads so far.

complain to trading standards then, seeing as the official government statistics say the number of lorries on the road has remained basically the same since the 70’s or 80’s.
personally i couldn’t give a monkeys about it, theres a lot more serious things to worry about than a stupid advert.

BAN IT !!!

Or shall i get some perspective and realise that there are more important things to worry about!!

Chiz:
In the new version of the advert they claim that because people are using the ‘new concentrated stuff’ they have already taken 15,000 lorry loads off British roads.

While that may be an exaggeration the underlying message that we need less trucks on the road is a good one. There are far to many trucks on the road and if it was possible to reduce that number it would bring many benefits, not least of all to rates which could be good for all. It likely won’t happen but we can live in hope.

scanialady142:
…The advert also has one with a kiddies reading book which children will associate with. Ban the ad I say or get the children of truck drivers to write to the advertisers…

:wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

We as a family no longer buy lenor or any products related to this company. There are alternatives on the market. Perhaps if more people did this it will hit them where it hurts .hopefully other companies will be creating more jobs because of the increase of there sales. :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

It’s not something that worries my every waking moment, but every time the ad is on I go into rant mode for a few minutes!! Funnily enough, I started this topic after seeing that ad!!

asa.org.uk/asa/contact/

I have sent a complaint to Advertising Standards and anyone else wanting to complain here is the website.

scanialady142:
http://www.asa.org.uk/asa/contact/

I have sent a complaint to Advertising Standards and anyone else wanting to complain here is the website.

Surely for gods sake you have something better to to !!

I filled in a complaint form, not because it offends me, but because I don’t believe they have REALLY taken X amount of lorries off the road, nor will they in the past year.

So I’ve asked if it can be verified that they really have reduced their loads.
Otherwise I’ve asked if the advert can be removed for false advertising.

Purely because I have no work again today and I’m thoroughly bored!

Alex

Actually jimboy I do have better things to do, but it is the principal that counts. They need to get their facts right before advertising and thanks to all members who are supporting this thread.

Filled in complaint form as I feel very strongly about this subject. :imp: :imp:

Can somebody enlighten me as to what we are supposed to be complaining about? Yeah their figures are probably exaggerated but then all adverts exaggerate. I just work on the assumption that all adverts are talking ■■■■■■■■ and take it from there. If I see something on TV that I am not impressed with I use something called the remote to either change channel or turn it off, works every time. :wink: :smiley:

On the plus side smaller bottles means less packaging which can only be a good thing and I don’t think anyone in this industry can seriously argue that less trucks on the road isn’t a good thing.

i bet you are not even a driver Scanialady 142 … more like a truckers moll…!!

I could not give a flying toss about this advert. As long as my wages are in the bank on a Friday and my misses is ok thats all that matters.

Life is not complicated… You get up, eat three meals take one good dump and then go back to bed … Its easy!!

Complaining about a ■■■■■■■ advert FFS

Get a life!!!
or report on someone losing theres like you normally do !!!