Leicester to Scarborough

best route please! going tomorrow,artic 14’3" trailer.M1,M18,then up to Great Driffield i presume…but from there,do i go via Bridlington and Filey,or on the B1249 and A64?

Do you have to go via Driffield? Leicester to Scarborough direct is M1, M18, A1 and A64.

sayersy:
Do you have to go via Driffield? Leicester to Scarborough direct is M1, M18, A1 and A64.

ah,yes…that looks good :slight_smile: thank you very much

And you’re clear for bridges all the way. I run 16ft 3" double deckers out of Malton. If you see any notice about roadworks at Staxton ignore them as they’ve cancelled them until after Xmas but some of the signs are still up.

cheers Conor :slight_smile:

B1249 mate

A46, A1, A64

Lonewolf Yorks:
A46, A1, A64

+1 You miss out the roadworks on the M1 too :wink:

+2 A lot less aggro than the M1 M18 !

personally id go m1 m18 m62 off at j37 howden then through brid to scarboro. Im a local and that is my preferred unless snowing.

coreysboys:
personally id go m1 m18 m62 off at j37 howden then through brid to scarboro. Im a local and that is my preferred unless snowing.

That’s the way i go to Primrose valley :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

coreysboys:

Takes longer. There’s about 5 miles difference but once you get off at Howden its single carriageway for all of the 60 odd miles to Scarborough plus you’ve got all the roundabouts from the Dotteril to Scarborough to contend with now. Going the A1, A64 route its mostly dual carriageway for all but about maybe 30-35 miles and only 2 roundabouts.