Legal??

Week 1 Mon to Fri driving.Reg Rest.
Week 2 Non Driving Work Mon to Sun
Week 3 Mon off Tues to Sat driving. Reduced Rest.
Week 4 Mon to Sat non driving work.
Repeat…

This is a weekly rest question when mixed office and driving work.
Also how would u record the non driving days? Is a electronic diary for non driving days on phone acceptable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regardless of legalities, stuff that. Just one full “weekend” off a month and just one day off a week every other week? There’s more to life than graft and nobody ever had “wish I’d worked more” on their tombstone.

Well said Connor, love your views on life and I’m pretty sure we adults will benefit from your wisdom. But I choose to blast some months then spend months Sat on a beach. It was a compliance question not a life choice question hence I posted it on a truck net!!

As Conor says screw that for a shift pattern it would have to be “mega” money for that! As for recording your hours surely you’ve heard of or done manual entries before? Just insert card manual entries, yes then enter other work and breaks in the day for all that you need to record. It covers you if you get stopped you can account for every minute of your time regardless of it being driving or office work. Just be sure to put breaks in correctly or you’ll end up with a ■■■■ load of infringements

Thanks Jimjam I’ll do the manual entries, seems a pain but but if that’s what required then it is what it is. Think I was wishful thinking for a easier shortcut.

If you’ve got access to a truck while in the office just pop outside during lunch and do an entry for that day or days. It’s easier than trying to remember a weeks worth. That’s where a diary might come in handy

why the ■■■■ does it have to get this complicated… :open_mouth: :unamused:

Boris1971:
I’ll do the manual entries, seems a pain but but if that’s what required then it is what it is. Think I was wishful thinking for a easier shortcut.

Manual entries into the tachograph are NOT what’s required, you can legally write the entries for none driving days on printouts or charts.

Trying to manually input the entries for none driving days into a tachograph will take time, is likely to lead to mistakes and is not legally required, personally I would not recommend doing something that’s likely to lead to problems if it’s not legally required … but it’s your call :wink:

Section 3.4 Records - Drivers’ hours and tachographs

Maybe wont help you.
But years ago worked and it was a mixture of warehouse days and driving days.
On warehouse days used get in my truck drive it round the block for 10 mins . Come back put tacho on other work. Rest when was on a break.
But truck was mine anyway nobody else drove it unless was on holiday

Boris1971:
Week 1 Mon to Fri driving.Reg Rest.
Week 2 Non Driving Work Mon to Sun
Week 3 Mon off Tues to Sat driving. Reduced Rest.
Week 4 Mon to Sat non driving work.
Repeat…

This is a weekly rest question when mixed office and driving work.
Also how would u record the non driving days? Is a electronic diary for non driving days on phone acceptable.

Stepchange debt help charity is a good option when you are up to your eyeballs in debt.

Boris1971:
Well said Connor, love your views on life and I’m pretty sure we adults will benefit from your wisdom. But I choose to blast some months then spend months Sat on a beach. It was a compliance question not a life choice question hence I posted it on a truck net!!

Then why do you even ask? If you want to do that then do it properly, don’t go in half assed, there’s at least a grand and a half you could be earning if you really wanted to max everything out. As the other work isn’t recorded on tacho just phone up the agency for some night trunking. Finish your non-driving day job, jump into a truck and do run for a pallet network down to the hub, get a few hours shuteye after you’ve tipped whilst you’re waiting to be pulled back in for reload, return back to base, pop off to your non-driving work via McDonalds for some breakfast.

tachograph:

Boris1971:
I’ll do the manual entries, seems a pain but but if that’s what required then it is what it is. Think I was wishful thinking for a easier shortcut.

Manual entries into the tachograph are NOT what’s required, you can legally write the entries for none driving days on printouts or charts.

Trying to manually input the entries for none driving days into a tachograph will take time, is likely to lead to mistakes and is not legally required, personally I would not recommend doing something that’s likely to lead to problems if it’s not legally required … but it’s your call :wink:

What would you then record the time as on the manual entry, “?”?

Goff118:

tachograph:

Boris1971:

I would write entries for none driving days on tachograph printing paper then when I inserted my driver card into the tachograph after a day/week/whatever in a none driving position I would record the time from the end of the last HGV driving shift to the start of the current HGV driving shift with the ? symbol.

When I say the end of the last driving shift and the start of the current driving shift it’s taking into account any manual entries required for either or both.

Glad when my kids grew up and started earning for themselves and eventually flying the coup,I was able to clear anything that was owed and cut out the stupid hours, and work to live not live to work. Like many Drivers these days,I found it was a ball ache at the time trying to get the hours in and stay legal.

tachograph:

Goff118:

tachograph:

Boris1971:

I would write entries for none driving days on tachograph printing paper then when I inserted my driver card into the tachograph after a day/week/whatever in a none driving position I would record the time from the end of the last HGV driving shift to the start of the current HGV driving shift with the ? symbol.

When I say the end of the last driving shift and the start of the current driving shift it’s taking into account any manual entries required for either or both.

Thanks for this. I managed to get the manual entry in at the start of my shift on Sunday just gone and I’ve not heard about any infringments so think all was successful. It allows enough entries to input a 2-week break from driving, but any more than that and I will need to write on the back of tacho roll.

Goff118:
Thanks for this. I managed to get the manual entry in at the start of my shift on Sunday just gone and I’ve not heard about any infringments so think all was successful. It allows enough entries to input a 2-week break from driving, but any more than that and I will need to write on the back of tacho roll.

To be honest I don’t understand why you would spend your time putting manual entries for non-driving days into the tachograph when you can legally write them on a piece of printout paper :confused:

Sent from my mobile via Tapatalk.

tachograph:

Goff118:

To be honest I don’t understand why you would spend your time putting manual entries for non-driving days into the tachograph when you can legally write them on a piece of printout paper :confused:

Good point! :smiley:

lolipop:
Glad when my kids grew up and started earning for themselves and eventually flying the coup,I was able to clear anything that was owed and cut out the stupid hours, and work to live not live to work. Like many Drivers these days,I found it was a ball ache at the time trying to get the hours in and stay legal.

I find the opposite , as mine has got older it’s got more expensive , paying for meals , car ins , car tax , clothes , shopping , composite doors , vet bills , £1500 holiday at centre Parcs , £500 bills for paint repairs on car x 3/4 , paying for car ( or difference between trade in & new car price , American freezer , dish washer , fill her car up every time it arrives at our house with 50 miles worth in it
I guess us dads will always spoil our little ( 31 yr old ) girls !!!.