Legal spread?

Is this legal. week 1 (Working Mon, Tue, Wed) Rest Thur, Fri (Working Sat, Sun) week 2 ( Working Mon,Tue,Wed,Thur) Rest FRI (Working Sat Sun) week 3 (Working Mon, Tue,) Holiday Wed (Working Thur) Rest Fri,Sat (Working Sun)?

shullbit:
Is this legal. week 1 (Working Mon, Tue, Wed) Rest Thur, Fri (Working Sat, Sun) week 2 ( Working Mon,Tue,Wed,Thur) Rest FRI (Working Sat Sun) week 3 (Working Mon, Tue,) Holiday Wed (Working Thur) Rest Fri,Sat (Working Sun)?

Week 1 = Regular weekly rest period (Thursday & Friday).
Week 2 = Reduced weekly rest period (Friday).
Week 3 = Regular weekly rest period (Friday & Saturday).

Yes that’s legal, you’ve had the required weekly rest periods and hopefully never gone over six 24 hour periods (144 hours) between weekly rest periods.
Though you will need to ensure you don’t go over the 144 hours between weekly rest periods on Saturday and Sunday of week 1 and Monday to Thursday of week 2.

That shade of light green can be quite hard to read on TN website :wink:

Thanks for that, I thought it was, it’s one of my mates, he is needed on the Thursday of week 3 but he pointed out that this would be 2 consecutive 6 day weeks so he booked a holiday on the Wednesday to be able work the Thursday. I will change the colour when I can use my laptop, can’t work out how to do it on phone.

shullbit:
Thanks for that, I thought it was, it’s one of my mates, he is needed on the Thursday of week 3 but he pointed out that this would be 2 consecutive 6 day weeks so he booked a holiday on the Wednesday to be able work the Thursday. I will change the colour when I can use my laptop, can’t work out how to do it on phone.

I believe, so correct me if I’m wrong! But he could work 2 straight 6 day weeks if he took the last Sunday off? (and whatever other hours required to compensate - or would he have even longer to compensate?)

shullbit:

No need for Wed Holl

He could work the Wednesday if he wanted to, there’s no rule against working 2 consecutive 6 day shift patterns as long as he complies with the weekly rest period requirement.

The weekly rest requirements of course involve having a regular weekly rest period at-least every second week and not going over 144 hours between weekly rest periods, as long as a driver can comply with those rules he can work as many six shift work patterns as he likes.

I wouldn’t bother much about changing the font colour now :wink:

stu675:
I believe, so correct me if I’m wrong! But he could work 2 straight 6 day weeks if he took the last Sunday off? (and whatever other hours required to compensate - or would he have even longer to compensate?)

Compensation for reduced weekly rest periods has to be paid back by the end of the third week following the week in which the reduced weekly rest period was taken, so in this case the driver wouldn’t necessarily need to take the Sunday off.

Compensation can be added to any daily rest period (regular or reduced) or any weekly rest period (regular or reduced).

tachograph:
He could work the Wednesday if he wanted to, there’s no rule against working 2 consecutive 6 day shift patterns as long as he complies with the weekly rest period requirement.

The weekly rest requirements of course involve having a regular weekly rest period at-least every second week and not going over 144 hours between weekly rest periods, as long as a driver can comply with those rules he can work as many six shift work patterns as he likes.

I wouldn’t bother much about changing the font colour now :wink:

So, he can work, sat,sun,mon,tue,wed,thur (6 days) even though he had also done this on the previous week? I thought you could not do 6 consecutive days twice on the trot?

Lots of lads do 6 days every week at our place. As long as you comply with weekly rest, no problem.
Getting a decent finish on a Friday makes all the difference.

shullbit:
So, he can work, sat,sun,mon,tue,wed,thur (6 days) even though he had also done this on the previous week? I thought you could not do 6 consecutive days twice on the trot?

No such rule

Here is a simple legal example
mon to fri work
sat+sun off
mon to sat work
sun off
mon to sat work
sun+mon off
tue to sun work and Start weekly rest before sunday midnight
mon off

As said in the two posts above, there’s no regulation to stop you working 2 consecutive 6 shifts as long as you comply with the weekly rest requirements.

ROG:

shullbit:

No such rule

mon to fri work
sat+sun off
mon to sat work
sun off
mon to sat work
sun+mon off
mon off

Great, thanks for that it is very helpful for him and also for me going forward.

shullbit:

ROG:

shullbit:

No such rule

mon to fri work
sat+sun off
mon to sat work
sun off
mon to sat work
sun+mon off
mon off

Great, thanks for that it is very helpful for him and also for me going forward.

Is 90 hrs driving limit per fortnight going to be an issue?

stu675:

shullbit:

ROG:

shullbit:

No such rule

mon to fri work
sat+sun off
mon to sat work
sun off
mon to sat work
sun+mon off
mon off

Is 90 hrs driving limit per fortnight going to be an issue?

Only if your maxing out drive time every week

robthedog:

stu675:
[ 90 hrs driving limit per fortnight going to be an issue?

Only if your maxing out drive time every week

I mean in this scenario, back to back 6 days per week only leaves you an average of 7.5 hrs drive time per day.

Driving time definitely will not be an issue :laughing:
Drive time this week

3:00

Two week’s drive time

10:15

shullbit:

He’s booked a holiday so he can work a extra day , I’m lost for words

dozy:

shullbit:

:laughing: :laughing: I’m with you doze. :laughing:
If it’s a case of purely for helping his firm out, I’d be wanting a day’s paid leave without it affecting my number of holidays, but you can’t help some people. :unamused:

robroy:

dozy:

shullbit:

:laughing: :laughing: I’m with you doze. :laughing:
If it’s a case of purely for helping his firm out, I’d be wanting a day’s paid leave without it affecting my number of holidays, but you can’t help some people. :unamused:

Yeh thats right, he could tell them to shove it, but then I guess he would be overlooked for the weekend work at £28 an hour, sometimes you have to lose a battle to win the war.