Legal or Not

05.30 Start Drive 4.25 HRS POA 5hrs Finish after poa

Not legal with out a break !

steadymabo:

wHY HAVENT EXCEEDED 4.30 HOURS DRIVING ALSO HAVENT EXCEEDED SIX HOURS ACTUAL WORK AS POA DOSENT COUNT AS WORKING TIME ?

i dont really know the answer to this because i dont do poa, but i reckon you would have to take your 15 minute break.
the reason i say this is because going by your theory ( ie , your not working) a driver could say work a 18 hour shift and say im legal because 10 of them were poa :laughing:

i know its not quite the same lol, but i reckon you still need the fifteen minutes :wink:

dave:
i dont really know the answer to this because i dont do poa, but i reckon you would have to take your 15 minute break.
the reason i say this is because going by your theory ( ie , your not working) a driver could say work a 18 hour shift and say im legal because 10 of them were poa :laughing:

i know its not quite the same lol, but i reckon you still need the fifteen minutes :wink:

I think it’s legal. You’ve not worked for six hours, and not driven for 4hr30. In the other example its not legal because you’ve not had enough daily rest.

not legal cos of WTD break not taken
but WTF who gives a stuff about poa
bet you sat around drank tea talked gonads
and generally chilled out :smiley:

Legal.

PLEASE READ THIS THEN ASK

businesslink.gov.uk/Transpor … hicles.pdf

OR ASK FOR A FREE COPY

animal:
PLEASE READ THIS THEN ASK

businesslink.gov.uk/Transpor … hicles.pdf

OR ASK FOR A FREE COPY

SO I WOULD SAY YES ITS LEGAL NO PROBS

Legal.

Not driven for 4.5 hours so no tacho break required.

Less than 6 hours work in the shift so no WTD break required.

It’s the amount of work in a shift which triggers a WTD break and not the length of the shift.

The only slight problem might be no other work at start of shift for vehicle checks or at the end of the shift for finishing tacho and/or clocking off.

steadymabo:

Seconded!!

(vosa would have a boys day out where i work! :wink: )

dave:

No he couldn’t because the driver would need at least 9 hours rest, and possibly 11 hours rest, in the 24 hour period which began when he resumed work after his last rest period. And he needs that regardless of the amount of POA he takes.

not sure what regulations people who think this isn’t legal are looking at? not drivers hours or wtd thats for sure.
be interested to know why you’d book 5 hours straight poa without sticking a break in though?

My head hurts :confused: :confused: :confused: This WTD is utter bllx :imp:

paul b:
not sure what regulations people who think this isn’t legal are looking at? not drivers hours or wtd thats for sure.
be interested to know why you’d book 5 hours straight poa without sticking a break in though?

Well you dont need to as poa doesent count as working time but also the 1st 45 min of poa when double maning is counted as break anyway as the tacho has no way of recording break when in slot 2 and the trucks moving it defaults to POA

bjd:

paul b:

Well you dont need to as poa doesent count as working time but also the 1st 45 min of poa when double maning is counted as break anyway as the tacho has no way of recording break when in slot 2 and the trucks moving it defaults to POA

Only for the card in slot two, not for the card in slot one.

my point being, you’ve done 4.25 drive and are now on poa, i.e awaiting your next job, personally i’d put a 45 in so should that job arrise i’m ready to roll instead of, “ok, i’ll be ready when i’ve had my 45min break”.

paul b:
my point being, you’ve done 4.25 drive and are now on poa, i.e awaiting your next job, personally i’d put a 45 in so should that job arrise i’m ready to roll instead of, “ok, i’ll be ready when i’ve had my 45min break”.

Well i new there wasent another job and the 1st 45 on poa in slot 2 is counted as break as i said eailer

you’ve lost me a bit there, “slot 2”? were you double manning? i take it you’ve put the 5 hours in on poa because you don’t get paid for your break? or your time sheet hours have got to match up to the card for hours worked?
bloody complicated, just done some work for nobbies where you must use poa and adhere to the wtd, all i did in the end was make sure i took at least a 45 before i’d done a 4.5 drive/work to cover myself both ways and then booked some poa in later in the day, very easy on multi drop to go past the six hours without a break because you’ve only done say three hours drive and get an infringement by falling foul of the wtd.
just had an assesment at a place that runs a points system for infringements, 3 points per infringement, be it wtd or drivers hours, 27 points i.e 9 infringements in a year and your out, no if’s, buts or maybes! seems a bit harsh, at nobbies they put a sheet up every month showing each drivers name and the number of infringements they’d collected in that month, had they run a simular system virtually every driver on that particular contract would’ve been out of a job.